|Gabrielle Ruiz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4.5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 12, 1984|
Gabrielle Ruiz is an American actor, voice actor, producer, singer, and director who is known for playing Valencia Perez in The CW romantic musical comedy-drama series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. In addition to that, she has also been cast in a variety of other shows such as One Life to Live, Law & Order: SVU, Sesame Street, Orange is the New Black, Alone Together, Modern Family, The Filth, Better Things, Action Nat and the Cat, Star Trek: Lower Decks, Mr. Mayor, and Spidey and His Amazing Friends.
Gabrielle Celine Ruiz
Edinburg, Texas, United States
She divides her time between –
- New York City, New York, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Gabrielle attended the Oklahoma City University’s Ann Lacy School of Dance and Arts. She obtained her Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts in Dance Performance in 2007.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer, Director, Singer
- Father – Eduardo Ruiz
- Mother – Sylvia Ruiz
- Siblings – Sarith Ruiz (Younger Sister)
- Others – Wayne Pisanchyn (Father-in-law)
Gabrielle has been represented by –
- Luber Roklin Entertainment
- Kazarian/Measures/Ruskin & Associates
- Don Buchwald & Associates, Inc., Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
Soundtrack, Pop, Comedy
All of her musical contributions have been to the musical series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and it has been released through MMXVIII CBS Studios Inc. and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
5 ft 4.5 in or 164 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gabrielle Ruiz has dated –
- Philip Pisanchyn – Gabrielle met her husband Philip Pisanchyn, who works as a senior lighting designer at Bentley Meeker in New York City, on the dating service Match.com. The much-in-love couple got married on August 4, 2016, in a small ceremony held in Bella Casa Villa in Saint Martin. They were blessed with their first child, a daughter named Mercedes, on April 28, 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Mexican American ancestry.
Best Known For
Her portrayal of the character Valencia Perez on The CW musical series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
As a Singer
Gabrielle performed her first song I’m So Good at Yoga in 2015 for the show Crazy Ex-Girlfriend where she played Valencia Perez.
Gabrielle made her theatrical film debut with S*x, Love & Salsa as Maria in 2014 for which she won an Indie Film Award for Best Featured Actress.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut in One Life to Live in 2007.
Gabrielle Ruiz Facts
- She was so inspired by the musical Big, which she saw at age of 12, that it shaped her dreams of becoming a performer.
- She had an active college life where she was a part of various groups like the American Spirit Dance Company, OCU Rhythms, Delta-Delta Chapter of Alpha-Phi, different work studies, and numerous musicals.
- Apart from acting, Gabrielle is also a motivational speaker and a teacher of the future professional performers wherein she choreographs and educates dancers all over America on professional etiquette.
- She has trained at the Melba’s School of Dance under the tutelage of Melba Huber and Anne Bowling.
- She was the recipient of a ballet scholarship to attend the Texas Association of Teachers of Dance Summer Convention.
- Gabrielle is also a vocal artist and has been trained by the late David Custer of Texas. In 2002, she earned a place in the prestigious Texas All-State Choir.
- The show creators of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend cast Gabrielle as Valencia on the recommendation of Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- She considers Priscilla Lopez as her idol and the reason she wanted to be on Broadway. She played the same character as Diana Morales years later that was once essayed by Lopez. Gabrielle eventually worked with her idol on the Broadway play In the Heights.
- She has a pet cat whom she has named Veronica.
- She is a big fan of Justin Bieber.
- Gabrielle is mesmerized by singer Cher.
- In 2021, she started providing vocals to the character of Rio Morales (Miles’ mother who is an ER doctor) in the computer-animated superhero children’s television series Spidey and His Amazing Friends (also known as Marvel’s Spidey and His Amazing Friends).
- Visit her official website @ gabrielleruiz.net.
Featured Image by Gabrielle Ruiz / Instagram