|Gao Yuanyuan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 5, 1975|
Gao Yuanyuan is a Chinese actress, theatre artist, and model who is known for having been cast in a number of shows and movies such as Don’t Go Breaking My Heart, Caught in the Web, Rob-B-Hood, The Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils, Love in the City, The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber, A Season of Good Rain, Don’t Go Breaking My Heart 2, Romancing in Thin Air, City of Life and Death, and The Prince of Qin, Li Shimin.
Gao Yuanyuan studied and graduated from the China University of Labor Relations, a university located in Beijing, China.
Actress, Model, Theatre Artist
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gao Yuanyuan has dated –
- Mark Chao (2014-Present) – She met Taiwanese-Canadian actor and model, Mark Chao, while they were working on the drama film, Caught in the Web, in 2012. The duo later got married in the year 2014 and parent a child.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Charming smile
Gao Yuanyuan Facts
- During her school years, she was diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and was prescribed Ritalin, a stimulant medication used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Gao Yuanyuan has sometimes taken that medicine during her adult years as well.
- She started with her pursuits in the entertainment industry in 1996.
- In 1997, she made her first film appearance by playing the role of He Ling in the romantic drama film, Spicy Love Soup.
- For her role as Melody in the 2006 Hong Kong action comedy film, Rob-B-Hood, Gao Yuanyuan was nominated for the 29th Hundred Flowers Award in the “Best Actress” category.
- She brought to life the character of Qin Xiaoyou in the 2007 romantic film, Love in the City, in which she starred alongside the likes of Shawn Yue, Naoko Miyake, and Takuya Suzuki. For this role, Gao Yuanyuan won the 11th Golden Phoenix Award in the “Newcomer Award” category.
- At the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, she gained the spotlight for being the torch-bearer in the Nanjing leg of the torch relay.
- In 2011, she was cast in one of the leading roles of Cheng Zixin in the Hong Kong-Chinese romantic comedy film, Don’t Go Breaking My Heart, alongside Louis Koo and Daniel Wu. Her work in the film got her nominated for the 31st Hong Kong Film Award in the “Best Actress” category as well as the 12th Chinese Film Media Award in the “Most Anticipated Actress” category in 2012.
- Gao Yuanyuan achieved the feat of becoming the first Chinese brand ambassador for French luxury house, Longchamp, in the year 2012.
- It was in 2013 that she got appointed as California’s tourism ambassador to China and it was also mentioned that she “embodies the California brand and spirit and will share her authentic passion for California with the Chinese public, inspiring their California dreams”.
- Over the years, Gao Yuanyuan has been on the Forbes “China Celebrity 100” list a couple of times which include her being on the 64th spot in 2013, 40th spot in 2014, 76th spot in 2015, and 86th spot in 2017.
- Her theatre credits include having played a couple of roles like Lin Momo in Glamorous Encounter and Ophelia in Hamlet 1990.
Featured Image by 維基小霸王 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0