|Garret Dillahunt Quick Info
|6 ft 1.25 in
|Date of Birth
|November 24, 1964
Garret Dillahunt is an American actor who shot to fame after playing the role of Charlemagne Moody in the soap opera One Life to Live (1993-1994). He solidified his fame by appearing in many other TV shows such as Raising Hope (2010–2014), his phenomenal performance as Burt Chance in the Fox sitcom earning him a nomination for the Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Actor in a Comedy Series” in 2012. Dillahunt has been featured in several movies as well, including No Country for Old Men (2007) where he essayed the part of Deputy Wendell, and Come and Find Me (2016) in which he portrayed the character of John Hall. Dillahunt has amassed more than 160k followers on Instagram.
Garret Lee Dillahunt
Castro Valley, Alameda, California, United States
Dillahunt graduated from the University of Washington, acquiring a B.A. in Journalism. He then enrolled in New York University‘s Graduate Acting Program and got his Master of Fine Arts degree in Acting.
- Father – David Dillahunt
- Mother – Jeanne Dillahunt
- Siblings – Brett (Brother) (Teacher), Eric (Brother) (Deceased)
He has been represented by United Talent Agency.
6 ft 1.25 in or 186 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Michelle Hurd (1996-Present) – He began dating actress Michelle Hurd in 1996. They tied the knot on July 6, 2007.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German, English, Scottish, Irish, Dutch, and Welsh descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Tall stature
- Expressive eyes
Garret Dillahunt Favorite Things
- Author – Cormac McCarthy having been a huge fan of him since his college days so much so that he has claimed to have auditioned for roles in every adaptation of his novels that have been made
- Pastime – Reading, having done so whenever possible ever since his childhood, and having thoroughly enjoyed stories and the other world they have taken him to
Source – IMDb
Garret Dillahunt Facts
- He was raised in Yakima in Washington.
- Garret had performed on and off-Broadway before he started pursuing film and television parts. He has admitted to have been a workaholic who has found acting to be therapeutic as it has allowed him to escape to some other world. He has been known for his unique and immersive style and he has essayed such versatile roles that it has been impossible to typecast him.
- Garret has recalled an audition for a show that had ended up being hilarious and embarrassing. He had to act being totally distraught about some relative’s demise and sob profusely. He had just discovered Tear Stick, which appears to be a tube of lipstick but is camphor. Confident that it would aid him in his acting, he painted some of it on the back of his hand, right before going in. Assuming it has to be stuck in the eye he did so, instead of right under to allow the vapors to affect it, that he figured out very soon. Garret then could not even open his eyes, which had got swollen, and had only succeeded in making everyone around get horrified.
- He has liked to have fun having found it to be a good way to live and also noticed that people are much better at their job if they love it.
- Dillahunt has enjoyed comics and has more than 20 boxes of them in his closet. He has cherished both DC and Marvel. He has relished the darkness and smaller scope of a lot of the initial DC comics, but he has more Marvel.
Featured Image by Garret Dillahunt / Instagram