|Georges St-Pierre Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 19, 1981|
Georges St-Pierre is a Canadian former professional mixed martial artist who is universally acclaimed as the greatest fighter in mixed martial arts history. He was a two-division champion in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), with titles to his name in the welterweight and middleweight divisions. He was a 3-time UFC champion in the former category, having won the title twice and having held the interim title once. Georges was ranked the number 1 fighter in that category for several years by numerous publications. He had retired as the reigning welterweight champion in December 2013 and had returned to competitive MMA in November 2017. He had then changed his category to middleweight and had won the division title, becoming just the 4h fighter in UFC history to have been a multi-division champion. For 3 years in a row (2008-2010), he was named the ‘Canadian Athlete of the Year’ by Rogers Sportsnet, a Canadian sports media outlet.
Saint-Isidore, Roussillon, Québec, Canada
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Georges had attended the École Pierre-Bédard in in Saint-Rémi, Québec. After his high school graduation, he had joined the Cégep Édouard-Montpetit, a public Francophone college in Longueuil, Québec, to study kinesiology.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist (Retired)
- Father – Roland St-Pierre (Flooring and Carpet Installer)
- Mother – Pauline St-Pierre (Nursing Home Employee)
- Siblings – Myriam St-Pierre (Younger Sister). He has one other younger sister.
- Others – Georges St-Pierre (Paternal Grandfather), Marie-Ange Vinette (Paternal Grandmother), Ubald Page (Maternal Grandfather), Simone Leduc (Maternal Grandmother)
- Welterweight (2002–2013)
- Middleweight (2017)
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Georges has dated –
- Lucy Onyeforo
- Divine Kirezy
Race / Ethnicity
He is of French-Canadian descent.
He often tends to dye his hair blonde.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a light stubble
Georges St-Pierre Facts
- He had endured a difficult time in his schooldays, as he was often the subject of bullying by his classmates who would frequently steal his clothes and money.
- With the aim of retaliation, he had started to learn Kyokushin Karate from the age of 7. He had become a 2nd dan Kyokushin karate black belt at the age of 12. He later took up wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and boxing; particularly after his Karate teacher had passed away when he was 16.
- At his high school, he had held the school record for the most number of chin-ups done.
- Before turning professional as a mixed martial artist, he used to work as a bouncer at a nightclub called Fuzzy Brossard. He had also worked as a garbageman for 6 months to pay for his school fees.
- When he retired as the UFC defending welterweight champion in December 2013, he had held the record for the most number of wins in title bouts and the 2nd-longest combined title streak in UFC history (2,204 days). He had defended his title 9 times in a row.
- He has founded a charity called the GSP Foundation, intending to tackle bullying and encourage the participation of more youngsters in sports.
Featured Image by Georges St-Pierre / Instagram