|Gia Gunn Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gia Gunn is an American dancer, singer, TV personality, and drag performer, best known as a contestant on the reality-TV series RuPaul’s Drag Race: Untucked! (2014), RuPaul’s Drag Race (2014-2016), and RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars (2018-2019). Her highest placement includes 8th place on the 4th season of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars as well as a runner-up position on the reality-TV show of the same format, The Switch Drag Race in 2018.
Gia Gunn, Gia Ketaro Ichikawa
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Drag Performer, TV Personality, Singer, Dancer
Gia Gunn is represented by –
- Left of Center Productions (Talent Agent) in New Jersey, United States
- Hello Drama PR (Company, Publicist) in Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gia Gunn has not revealed the name of her boyfriend but stated that she was in a 5-month relationship on March 16, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Japanese descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Dark Brown’ in the past.
- Prominent cheekbones
- Slim nose
Gia Gunn has endorsed brands such as –
- Toppik Hair
- Piranha Nightclub Las Vegas
- Carbon Coco
- Owl Bureau
- Chandelier Creative
- Uplive USA
- NuMe Professional Styling
- lookfantastic US
Gia Gunn Facts
- She grew up in Carpentersville, Illinois, United States.
- She made her stage debut at the age of 5 as a dancer. Gia was very passionate about Nihon Buyo, a traditional Japanese dance as well as kabuki. She performed both at the age of 7 in onnagata roles.
- She has a cosmetology license that she acquired after she graduated from high school.
- Gia worked in the hair industry full-time by day while performing at drag shows by night in the early years of her career.
- She speaks Spanish.
- Her 1st drag name stems from the name of a supermodel named Gia Carangi. Her tragic story was depicted in the biography movie Gia (1998) with Angelina Jolie in the lead role.
- Gia’s last drag name, Gunn, stems from the last name of an American fashion consultant, actor, TV personality and author, Tim Gunn.
- In 2013, she won both the title of Miss Roscoe and Miss Diosa.
- One of the most notable quotes she spoke during the 6th season of RuPaul‘s Drag Race was: “My name’s Gia Gunn. I don’t jump guns, I am the boom boom gun.”
- Gia is a member of the drag family, The Haus of Edwards. Other members include Alyssa Edwards, Shangela, Plastique Tiara, Vivienne Pinay, and Laganja Estranja.
- Gia’s drag mother is a fellow drag performer Aly Gunn. She also considers Alyssa Edwards her adoptive drag mother.
- She lives with Laganja Estranja and the two have formed a drag duo #TeamTooMuch.
- Her elimination from the 4th season of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars was leaked before it aired on TV. Despite leak being removed in a matter of hours, the “surprise” was already spoilt for her fanbase.
- Gian began taking female hormones in 2016 and publicly came out as transgender in April 2017, on Transgender Visibility Day. On April 20, 2017, she announced that her name in the birth certificate was officially changed to Gia.
- On March 31, 2018, she released web series on her YouTube channel, 30 Days in Transition, documenting her transition to a transgender woman. Gia also created a GoFundMe page and gathered $30k for her transition surgery in December 2018.
- Gia stated that if someone were to catch her outside of the stage, he or she would see her being very low-key, wearing yoga pants and a top, with no makeup whatsoever.
- She has criticized Trisha Paytas for coming out as transgender and accused her of trying to take advantage of a label that should not be taken lightly.
Featured Image by Gia Gunn / Instagram