Giada Pamela De Benedetti
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Los Angeles, California, United States
Giada completed her graduation from Marymount High School in Los Angeles, California.
In 1996, Giada went to the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) to complete her bachelor’s degree in social anthropology.
She studied culinary arts at the world’s best hospitality institute Le Cordon Bleu in Paris as she wanted to become a pastry chef.
Chef, Writer, Television personality
- Father – Alex De Benedetti (Actor, Producer)
- Mother – Veronica De Laurentiis (Actress)
- Siblings – Eloisa De Laurentiis (Younger Sister) (Makeup Artist), Igor De Laurentiis (Younger Brother), Dino A. De Laurentiis (Younger Brother)
- Others – Dino De Laurentiis (Maternal Grandfather) (Film Producer), Silvana Mangano (Maternal Grandmother) (Actress), Ivan Kavalsky (Stepfather), Raffaella De Laurentiis (Aunt) (Film Producer), Federico De Laurentiis (Uncle) (Film Producer), Francesca DeLaurentiis (Aunt) (Film Producer)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Giada De Laurentiis is dating –
- Matt Lauer – She was rumored to be dating American talk show host Matt Lauer in the past.
- Todd Thompson (2003-2015) – Giada De Laurentiis tied the knot with fashion designer Todd Thompson on May 25, 2003. On March 29, 2008, Giada gave birth to their daughter Jade Marie De Laurentiis-Thompson. The couple separated in July 2014 as per Giada’s public announcement on her official website on December 29, 2014. They finally got divorced officially on September 3, 2015.
- Bobby Flay (2015) – Giada was allegedly rumored to be in a relationship with American chef Bobby Flay.
- Shane Farley (2015-Present) – In August 2015, the celebrity chef started dating American producer Shane Farley.
Race / Ethnicity
- Warm Smile
- Outstanding and Charming Personality
35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
4 (US) or 34.5 (EU)
In 2008, Giada collaborated with the Barilla Group to launch an Italian gourmet line.
She appeared in print advertisements for Clairol‘s Natural Instincts hair color from 2012-2013.
Some of the TV commercials done by her include –
- Citi Private Pass ‘Break-Up’ featuring Alicia Keys (2012).
- Carrabba’s Italian Girl (2012)
- Hershey’s ‘Air Delight’ kisses (2012)
- Clairol’s Natural Instincts hair color (2013)
- Stand Up 2 Cancer campaign (2013)
- The Cromwell Hotel & Casino ‘Nothing Comes Close’ campaign (2016)
She is also a brand ambassador for Oxfam America.
Best Known For
The celebrity chef is best known for TV shows like Everyday Italian (2003-2011), Food Network Star, and Giada at Home (2008-2015).
She made her debut as a writer in 2005 with Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes.
Giada’s hasn’t appeared in a theatrical film. She has only been seen in short films and TV movies.
First TV Show
From 2003 to 2011, Giada hosted the Food Network’s show Everyday Italian.
Giada’s yoga instructor is Kathryn Budig.
She follows a balanced fitness and diet routine on a daily basis. Her day starts with two glasses of warm water with lemon. After an hour of yoga, she consumes a breakfast rich in protein.
As she is an early riser, Giada usually feels hungry at around 11 am and drinks juice to satiate her hunger.
Her ideal lunch is a Waldorf salad with a handful of nuts and green vegetables.
At around 4 pm, the chef eats fried chickpeas. Dinner too consists largely of proteins like a piece of salmon. Giada has a problem in sleeping if she does not have proteins for dinner.
While working, she carries a little dark chocolate in her purse. Almonds, trail mix, agave nectar and green tea bags are other food items she snacks on.
Eating at regular intervals and daily yoga sessions are her key to maintaining a fit body. You can read more about her fitness and diet routine here.
Giada De Laurentiis Favorite Things
- TV Show – Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Dino Dan
- Animal – Cat
- Cuisine – Japanese and Chinese
- Ingredient – Olive Oil
- Desserts – Peppermint patties, sliced bananas, chocolate chips
Source – Parenting, Food Network, IMDb, Food Network
Giada De Laurentiis Facts
- Giada was into cooking since her childhood and was often found in the family kitchen. She spent a lot of time at DDL Foodshow, a restaurant owned by her grandfather.
- At the age of 7, she shifted base to Southern California along with her siblings after the divorce of her parents. Giada adopted her mother’s surname thereafter.
- Soon after finishing her studies, she worked as a professional chef at various restaurants in Los Angeles including the Ritz Carlton Fine Dining Room and Spago, a Wolfgang Puck restaurant chain.
- Giada was also a food stylist. In 2002, the Food Network approached her after she did styling for the Food & Wine Magazine.
- In 2009, the celebrity chef lent her voice to the character of Paulette in the children’s animated Handy Manny show.
- Giada De Laurentiis was ranked No.6 on CafeMom’s Sexiest Moms Alive list in 2010.
- She bagged the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lifestyle Host category.
- Giada was honored with the Culinary Hall of Fame in 2012.
- After opening her first restaurant GIADA in July 2014 at The Cromwell in Las Vegas, she became the first woman to own a food outlet in the area.
- In 2014, the chef lent her voice to Gelata, a character in Tinker Bell series Pixie Hollow Bake Off.
- “Giada at Home” and “Weeknights with Giada” were ranked No. 1 on the The New York Times Best Seller list.
- Giada is a children’s writer with most of her books dedicated to kids.
- Visit her official website @ giadadelaurentiis and giadzy.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest.