|Glaiza de Castro Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 21, 1988|
Glaiza de Castro is a Filipino actress and singer who first landed a career in acting with GMA network in 2001. Shortly after working with her first network, she was signed to its rival ABS-CBN during which she had played minor roles as an actress. In 2006, Glaiza made her comeback to GMA and began to land on more notable supporting roles in various television series and movies including Boys Nxt Door, Asian Treasures, Kaputol ng Isang Awit, Kung Aagawin Mo Ang Lahat Sa Akin, and Stairway to Heaven.
In 2010, she finally landed a leading role in the hit fantasy-drama series Grazilda. Other series and movies added in her filmography include Sukob, Patikul, Still Life, Batanes, and her top-rating series The Rich Man’s Daughter. In 2016, she also joined the main cast of the mega-popular series Encantadia, wherein she played one of the protagonist characters as Pirena. Aside from acting, Glaiza has also pursued a career in singing and was recognized by her talent after releasing 4 successful albums in a row, namely Magbalik Ka (2001), Glaiza (2006), Synthesis (2015), and Magandang Simulain (2017).
Glaiza de Castro
Glai, G, Cha
Her educational qualifications aren’t known.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Alcris Galura (Brother) (Actor)
Glaiza de Castro is represented by GMA Artist Center, Quezon City, Philippines.
- Star Magic
- GMA Artist Center
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
47 kg or 103.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has never openly talked about her dating life. Therefore, her relationship status remains unknown.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Filipino descent.
- Small Round Face
- Plump Lips
Glaiza de Castro has endorsed brands such as –
- Go Swak Ph
- Ever Bilena Advance
- Beach hut
- Topical Oxygen
- SymplyG Hair and Skin Care
- Stay Salty Co. Ph
- Platinum Karaoke
Best Known For
Playing the lead roles as Grazilda in the hit Filipino series Grazilda and as Pirena in the 2016 remake of the fantasy drama series Encantadia
In 2001, Glaiza de Castro released her debut album titled Magbalik Ka.
In 2001, she made her theatrical film debut in the adventure-comedy film Cool Dudes 24/7.
First TV Show
In 2001, she made her first TV show appearance as Marga’s friend in the series Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin.
She has not openly shared what her exact workout parameters and diet routines are like. But, in one of her posts on Instagram in December 2018, Glaiza can be seen boxing, which hinted that the actress may have been following her own workout and healthy diet plans to keep her body fit and healthy.
Glaiza de Castro Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Traveling, Photography
- Food – Japanese food
Glaiza de Castro Facts
- She has a huge and growing social media fan base with over 800k followers on Facebook, more than 750k followers on Twitter, and more than 1 million followers on Instagram.
- In 2012, she won a Most Liked Award in the “Most Liked Kontrabida” category and an FMTM Award in the “Most Popular TV Series Villain” category for the series Temptation of Wife.
- She was ranked at no. 45 on FHM’s “100 Sexiest 2015” list. On that same year, she was listed on YES! Magazine‘s “100 Most Beautiful” list.
- In 2018, she won her first best actress award for a TV series for the drama piece Contessa.
- In 2019, Glaiza won a 3rd GEMS Award in the “Best Actress” category for the film Liway.
- Connect with Glaiza de Castro on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Glaiza de Castro / Instagram