|Grace VanderWaal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 2004|
Grace VanderWaal is an American singer, songwriter, and actress whose musical pursuits started with her uploading videos of her original songs as well as covers on YouTube and performing at open mic nights near her hometown of Suffern, New York. Her career started at a young age and she was 12 years old when she won the 11th season of the NBC TV competition show America’s Got Talent (AGT), singing her original songs. Grace has released albums, extended plays, and songs such as Moonlight, So Much More Than This, Just the Beginning, Perfectly Imperfect, I Don’t Know My Name, and Ur So Beautiful. She won the 2017 Radio Disney Music Award for “Best New Artist” and a Teen Choice Award as well as received the 2017 Billboard Women in Music Rising Star Award. Moreover, she has been named to Billboard magazine’s “21 Under 21” list of fast-rising young music stars in four consecutive years (2016–2019) while she has also achieved the feat of becoming the youngest person ever to be included in Forbes‘ 30 Under 30 Music List.
Grace Avery VanderWaal
Kansas City metropolitan area, Kansas, United States
New York, United States
Since winning America’s Got Talent, she has got a very busy work schedule, which makes it near to impossible for her to go for traditional school education and so had to be homeschooled.
She also got enrolled in a couple of online courses to keep up her studies.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress
- Father – David VanderWaal (Vice President of Marketing at LG)
- Mother – Tina VanderWaal
- Siblings – She has one older brother and an older sister.
- Others – John Anthony VanderWaal (Paternal Grandfather), Ackie Ruth Vogelaar (Paternal Grandmother)
Grace VanderWaal has been signed up with Syco Music.
Vocals, ukulele, piano, saxophone
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $2 Million.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Grace VanderWaal is of Dutch descent on her father’s side and has Scottish roots on her mother’s side.
Bangs in her hairstyle
6.5 (US) or 37 (EU)
Grace VanderWaal has endorsed Fender Musical Instruments.
Best Known For
- Having won the 11th edition of the NBC-TV talent hunt show America’s Got Talent
- Being touted as the next Taylor Swift by the judges of America’s Got Talent
Grace released her debut album Just the Beginning in November 2017 via Columbia Records. It peaked at #22 on Billboard 200.
First TV Show
Grace made her first TV show appearance in 2016 as a participant in America’s Got Talent.
Grace VanderWaal Favorite Things
Source – RollingStone.com, Wikipedia.org
Grace VanderWaal Facts
- Grace started composing her songs by the age of 3. She used to have a wireless microphone for the task.
- While growing up, she took inspiration from movies and movie characters for songs. She used to imagine what a particular character might be feeling and then write a song on it.
- She got an idea to get a ukulele after hearing a family friend from Brazil play it while staying with her family. Eventually, she bought one with her saved money on her 11th birthday.
- She learned how to play the ukulele by watching YouTube videos.
- While studying in school, she used to be in the school marching band.
- In 2016, Billboard magazine included her in the “21 Under 21” list of music’s hottest young stars.
- By winning America’s Got Talent, she created history by becoming the first 12-year-old to win the competition.
- Apart from the ukulele, she is also adept at playing piano and saxophone.
- In 2020, she made her acting debut with the Disney+ musical drama film Stargirl in the role of Susan “Stargirl” Caraway. She was reportedly paid a base salary of $125,000 for the film. For the sequel of the Stargirl film, she was allegedly paid a base salary of $250,000.
- In March 2021, she released new music with a music video, titled Don’t Assume What You Don’t Know.