|Guanyu Zhou Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||May 30, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Guanyu Zhou is a Chinese professional race car driver who in February 2020 was competing for UNI-Virtuosi Racing at the FIA Formula 2 Championship. He is also a test driver at the Renault Formula One Team for Renault Sport Academy.
Zhou Guan Yu (周冠宇)
He divides his time between Shanghai and London, England.
Race Car Driver
He is represented by GP Sports Management.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Wide smile
- Thin eyebrows
Through his social media, he has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as Hublot, Beats by Dre, and Fanatec.
Guanyu Zhou Facts
- He spent the first 13 years of life in China before moving to London with his parents in 2012, in order to be able to fulfill his racing desire.
- Zhou was 8 years old when he got into go-kart racing.
- In 2013, he has crowned the winner of the Super 1 National Rotax Max Junior and Rotax Max Euro Challenge after he surpassed British-Belgian race car driver Lando Norris. The following year, Zhou, joined the Ferrari Driver Academy and continued until 2018.
- At the 2015 Italian F4 Championship, he beat Russian racer Robert Schwartzman and German racer David Beckmann with a hat trick win on the podium.
- In May 2019, Guanyu became the first Chinese race car driver to score an F2 pole position at the FIA Formula 2 Championship.
- He was appointed by the Renault Sport Academy in 2019 as a development driver and was promoted to Test Driver in 2020.
- In his free time, he enjoys going on road cycle rides or cycles at home in front of his television.
- In July 2022, during the Formula 1 British Grand Prix, Guanyu’s car had crashed and flipped upside down at the very start of the race after coming in contact with Mercedes’ George Russell. Both didn’t incur any major injuries.
Featured Image By Jen_ross83 / Flickr / CC BY 2.0