|Gudda Gudda Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gudda Gudda is an American rapper and songwriter who has published compilation albums titled We Are Young Money (December 2009), Rich Gang (July 2013), and Young Money: Rise of an Empire (March 2014). These albums peaked at number 1, 2, and 3, respectively on the US Rap charts. All of these albums had also peaked within the ‘Top 10’ of the Billboard 200 (a record chart ranking the 200 most popular music albums and EPs in the United States) as well as the US R&B/HipHop charts. Gudda Gudda has also released numerous mixtapes including Guddaville (February 2009), Back 2 Guddaville (June 2010), Guddaville 3 (November 2012), Redrum (March 2013), and 7 Slugs (January 2021).
Carl Eugene Lilly Jr.
San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
He splits his time between –
- Houston, Texas, United States
- Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Gudda Gudda’s net worth had been $1 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
Hip Hop, Southern Hip Hop, Dirty Rap, R&B
- Young Money Entertainment
- Cash Money Records
- Universal Motown Records
- Republic Records
- Real Talk Entertainment
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Slender frame
- Often makes public appearances in a beanie or a baseball hat
- Sports a thick beard
- Has both his hands covered in tattoos
- Has the Fleur-de-lys (the shape of a lily commonly used in French armorial/aristocratic emblems), the most recognizable symbol of New Orleans, tattooed under his right eye
Gudda Gudda Facts
- Born in San Jose, California, Gudda Gudda and his family moved to New Orleans, Louisiana, when he was still quite young. He grew up in the 9th Ward – a distinctive region of New Orleans (founded in 1718 by French colonists), located in the easternmost downriver portion of the city.
- There, aged about 15, he befriended Lil Wayne (who would go on to be regarded as one of the greatest rappers of all time), having first met him at a dice game. This was way before Gudda Gudda had even thought about pursuing a music career.
- However, once he began rapping, Lil Wayne mentored him and even wrote Gudda Gudda’s first rap. Together, they established a hip-hop group called Sqad Up that consisted of multiple other Southern rappers.
- Gudda Gudda was one of the first artists to be signed up by Young Money Entertainment, a record label founded by Lil Wayne in 2005. He had been present the day Lil Wayne had come up with the idea for this label. For the next few years, he continued to work on collaborative projects.
- He only started releasing solo projects somewhere around 2009. Between late 2010 and late 2012, he hardly released any music but came back from that hiatus to release some compilation albums and mixtapes. Around the time of his return, he also formed a rap group called Loyalty Amongst Thieves that planned to release a self-titled mixtape.
- In mid-2013, Gudda Gudda announced that he was working on his debut solo studio album titled Guddaville: The Album. He also stated that he would release another mixtape before the album’s release.
- He even revealed that he would be starting his own production company called Gudda Music and that the aforementioned mixtape with Loyalty Amongst Thieves had been completed. By mid-2014 though, it seemed that none of these projects were about to be released.
- Gudda Gudda seemed to have taken an indefinite break from his music career. Years later, in early January 2021, he released a mixtape titled 7 Slugs. It sparked speculation among his fans that all of the aforementioned unfinished projects might still see the light of day.
Featured Image by Gudda Gudda / Instagram