|Haji Wright Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 27, 1998|
Haji Wright is an American professional soccer player who has represented, as a forward/ winger, New York Cosmos (2015) and New York Cosmos B (2015) in the United States; FC Schalke 04 II (2017-2019) and FC Schalke 04 (2017-2019) in Germany; VVV-Venlo (2019-2020) in the Netherlands; SønderjyskE Fodbold (2020-2022) in Denmark; and Antalyaspor Kulübü (2022-Present) in Turkey. The now-defunct New York Cosmos B used to compete in the 4th tier of the American professional soccer league system and was the reserve team of the New York Cosmos. FC Schalke 04 II is the reserve team of FC Schalke 04 and competes in the 4th division of the German professional soccer league system. Haji also spent loan spells with the German professional club SV Sandhausen (2017-2018) and Antalyaspor Kulübü (2021-2022). At the international level, He represented the United States at the under-15, under-17, under-18, under-19, and under-23 tiers before making his senior national debut in June 2022.
Haji Amir Wright
Los Angeles, California, United States
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Lloyd Wright
- Mother – Marie Du Bose
- Siblings – Dorell Wright (Brother). He also has a sister.
- Others – Hanif Wright (Younger Half-Brother) (Soccer Player), Joseph Putu (Cousin) (American Football Player), Isaac Nana Addai (Cousin) (Soccer Player), Joseph Addai (Cousin) (Professional American Football Player (Retired)), Super Bowl XLI Champion in 2007 with the Indianapolis Colts)
- 19 – United States
- 9 – New York Cosmos B, Antalyaspor Kulübü, FC Schalke 04 II
- 23 – New York Cosmos
- 39, 40 – FC Schalke 04
- 25 – SV Sandhausen, SønderjyskE Fodbold
- 7 – VVV-Venlo
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Haji has dated –
- Jana (2021-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Liberian and Ghanaian descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a trimmed goatee
- Affable smile
- Has both his hands covered in tattoos
Haji Wright Facts
- Haji’s youth career began when he joined the youth system of the top-flight American professional soccer club LA Galaxy in 2012, as a 14-year-old. He stayed in the system until 2015. In 2016, he joined the youth system of FC Schalke 04, a top-flight professional soccer club in Germany.
- He stayed there until 2017 but his senior career had already started in 2015 when he began representing both New York Cosmos B and New York Cosmos. The now-defunct New York Cosmos B was the reserve team of the American professional soccer club New York Cosmos.
- With the New York Cosmos, Haji won the North American Soccer League title in 2015. The now-defunct competition (2011-2017) used to include 2 separate tournaments (spring and fall). The champions of both those tournaments along with the 2 teams with the best aggregate records in those 2 tournaments would then participate in a 4-team single-elimination tournament. Its winner was declared the overall winner of the league season and awarded the ‘Soccer Bowl’ trophy. The league, for most of its existence, held the status of a 2nd division component in the American professional soccer league system.
- He scored the first senior-level international goal of his career for the United States on his senior national debut for the team, in June 2022. It was the final goal in a 3-0 win against Morocco in a friendly match.
- Haji’s next (2nd) senior-level international goal for the United States arrived at the 2022 edition of the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) World Cup. In the United States’ pre-quarterfinal match, against the Netherlands, he scored his team’s only goal in a 3-1 defeat.
Featured Image by Haji Wright / Instagram