|Harry Maguire Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 5, 1993|
Harry Maguire is an English professional soccer player who has played as a defender for top-flight English clubs such as Sheffield United, Hull City, Wigan Athletic, Leicester City, and Manchester United. He progressed through the youth academy of Sheffield United and was drafted to their senior squad in 2011. He was named the club’s ‘Player of the Year’ for 3 seasons in succession (2011–12, 2012–13, and 2013–14). In 2019, after impressing for several clubs in the English leagues, he was signed up by Manchester United for a fee around £80 million, which was a world-record transfer fee for a defender at that time. In January 2020, Harry was named the club’s captain. At the international level, he was a member of the English squad that finished in 3rd place at the 2018–19 UEFA Nations League and in 4th place at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Jacob Harry Maguire
Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Harry had attended the Immaculate Conception Catholic Primary School in Spinkhill, Derbyshire, and the St. Mary’s Roman Catholic High School in Chesterfield, Derbyshire.
Professional Soccer Player
- Mother – Zoe Maguire
- Siblings – Joe Maguire (Brother) (Soccer Player), Laurence Maguire (Younger Brother) (Soccer Player), Daisy Maguire (Sister)
He is represented by Triple S Group, Sports Management, Marketing, Communications & Events agency, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom.
- 15, 5, 6 – England
- 40, 19, 5 – Sheffield United
- 12, 5 – Hull City
- 4 – Wigan Athletic
- 15 – Leicester City
- 5 – Manchester United
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
100 kg or 220.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harry has dated –
- Fern Hawkins (2011-Present) – Harry began dating Fern Hawkins in June 2011. After more than 7 years of courtship, the couple got engaged in July 2018. They have a daughter together named Lillie Saint Maguire (b. April 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Has a mole near his chin
Harry has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturer Puma.
Harry Maguire Facts
- For his performances in the 2016–17 season, he was named Hull City‘s ‘Fans’ Player of the Year’ as well as the ‘Players’ Player of the Year’.
- For his performances in the 2017–18 season, he was named Leicester City‘s ‘Player of the Season’ as well as the ‘Players’ Player of the Season’.
- He won the ‘Man of the Match’ award in his very first game for Manchester United, a 4-0 hammering of Chelsea on August 11, 2018.
- His first English Premier League goal for Manchester United also came against Chelsea, in a 2-0 away win on February 17, 2020.
- In England’s 2018 FIFA World Cup opener, he had assisted the winning goal scored by Harry Kane in the team’s 2-1 win against Tunisia. His first international goal for England also arrived in the same tournament when he scored the opening goal in England’s 2–0 defeat of Sweden in the quarter-final.
Featured Image by Harry Maguire / Instagram