|Hema Sood Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 14, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Hema Sood is an Indian actress and dancer turned choreographer who earned her fame after winning the runners-up position on NDTV Prime’s Ticket to Bollywood (2014). She has also been notably crowned as a ‘Dancing Diva’. She had won the dance show Aaja Nach Le Season 2 (2011) and also competed in Dance Indian Dance Season 3 (2011). Hema is an incredible actress who is also known for being cast as Shefali in Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai from 2017 to 2018. She is also noted for starring in several other shows such as Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani and Mohi.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Hema completed her studies in with a degree in classical dance from the Government College For Girls, Sector -11, Chandigarh.
- Mother – Anita Sood
- Siblings – Palak Sood (Sister), Kuber Sood (Brother)
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Hema has dated –
- Somendra Solanki (2017-2018) – Actor Somendra Solanki and Hema’s on-screen romance had won the hearts of a lot of the show’s fans. Due to that, people had begun to suspect the duo were dating off-screen as well, as they were uploading pictures to their social media accounts traveling with one another to far off places. However, when the duo was asked if the rumors were true, they did not deny it, instead, they stated that they were just close friends and found it premature to say that what they between them was ‘love’. Though Somendra didn’t leave without a hint stating ‘Hema is a professional actress and she understands me. We are not dating yet, but tomorrow is another day’.
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
- Starring as Shefali who is actor Somendra Solanki’s love interest in Sony Entertainment Television’s hit show Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai (2017-2018)
- Being cast in several hit shows such as Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani and Mohi
- Winning the dance reality show Aaja Nach Le Season 2 in 2011
- Attaining 2nd place in NDTV Prime’s Ticket to Bollywood in 2014
- Competing in Dance India Dance Season 3 in 2011
First TV Show
Hema made her debut TV show appearance as a contestant in Dance India Dance Season 3 in 2011.
Though there is not much known about Hema’s workout routine, she seems to keep her physique fit and well toned.
A generic reason for her slim physique is that she has been practicing dance for several years which is a great form of cardio that allows a person to do more of it without feeling tired or bored. This, in turn, helps burn more fat to produce energy.
During 2018, Hema and her on-screen partner Somendra Solanki, called it quits from the show Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai, as their love scenes were being neglected. During an interview with Somendra, he stated that their bit of the story was shot only 4-5 days out of the given 20 days. Their on-screen appearance would also be cut down out to merely 4-5 minutes per episode. In April 2018, she and Somendra finally gave up and quit the show. However, the team did not want to let them go and asked them to do a few more shots when needed while trying to find work elsewhere. However, the two did not return after they left.
Hema Sood Facts
- She was raised in Chandigarh. Later, she started teaching dance at the Mumbai Rockers Dancing Den in sector 22, Chandigarh in 2011.
- Hema moved to Mumbai to follow her passion for acting.
- She is a professional classical dancer.
- In 2011, Hema was crowned with the Dance India Dance Hat during Season 3. Prior to that, she was a finalist in Aaja Nach Le Season 2 in the same year.
- In Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai, Hema’s character Shefali is the love interest of actor Somendra Solanki.
- Hema’s father was the one who spotted an advertisement for her to audition in Dance India Dance. He encouraged his daughter to follow her passion.
- Prior to becoming an actress, Hema would often stand in front of a mirror and enact dialogues and actions after she watched movies like Gangs of Wasseypur (2012) and Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela (2013).
- Though Hema did not win the reality show Ticket to Bollywood, she received INR. 500 rupees thrice and walked away as a runner-up and was later, offered to star in 2 films as well.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by Hema Sood / Instagram