|Himesh Patel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Himesh Patel is an English actor, popular as Tamwar Masood on the BBC soap opera EastEnders (2007-2016) and as the protagonist Jack Malik in the musical romcom Yesterday (2019).
Himesh Jitendra Patel
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, England, United Kingdom
He went to Prince William School and Sixth Form in Oundle, Northamptonshire. Later, he became a member of The Young Actor’s Company in Cambridge and attended the Sunday film classes there.
- Father – His father was a postmaster who also ran a newspaper and magazine shop.
- Mother – His mother was a postmistress who assisted his father in running the newspaper and magazine shop.
He is represented by Agency 42.
5 ft 10¾ in or 180 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Bearded look
- Fuller lips
Himesh Patel Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Creative writing, Music
- Musical Band – The Beatles
- Song – Blackbird by The Beatles
Source – IMDb
Himesh Patel Facts
- Both his parents hail from Gujarat in India but were born in Africa, his mother in Zambia and his father in Kenya. They later immigrated to England via India.
- There were only 2 Indian boys in his school including himself and he has admitted to being socially awkward as a teenager, often feeling lonely because of the cultural disconnect.
- As a child, he used to mimic his favorite characters on the small and big screens.
- Teachers and staff at his school have remembered Patel for his singing and sense of humor and said that he was “very polite, conscientious and quite serious”. At the age of 11, he was cast in a play when they saw the talent in him and talked to his parents about it which made them sign him up for a local theatre group, the Key Youth Theatre in Peterborough.
- He took piano lessons for many years and at age 13 bought himself a cheap electric guitar which he tried to learn to play himself.
- While growing up, he enjoyed indie rock and Bollywood soundtracks such as the one given by A. R. Rahman to Rang De Basanti.
- He has recalled that when he was younger, a friend had put The White Album on his iPod and he had loved the Beatles number Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me And My Monkey. His mother’s favorite song was John Lennon’s Imagine since it was released around the time she arrived in England. At home, his family used to tune in to BBC Asian Network and Bollywood sound-tracks which were his reference points.
- He took his GCSE Science exam and his audition for EastEnders on the same day.
- At the age of 16, he landed the role of Tamwar Masood on EastEnders, the character he played for 9 long years.
- Patel himself delivered papers, grudgingly, until he was 21 years old. His parents made him do so to make him stay grounded after he got the role in EastEnders.
- In his film debut with his breakthrough role as Jack in Yesterday (2019), he has sung several songs of the famous rock band The Beatles, live, throughout the movie.
- He has stated that he has kept a notebook of ideas for jotting down things that are formed in his head since otherwise they are soon forgotten. He has admitted to how much he has enjoyed creative writing and escaping into an imaginary world and has tried to keep up the wonderful habit.
Featured Image by Montclair film / Flickr / CC BY-2.0