|Holly Holm Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 17, 1981|
Holly Holm is an American mixed martial artist who has competed in the Ultimate Fighting Championship and is known for being a former professional boxer and kickboxer and a former UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion. During the course of her career, she has participated in several championships such as World Light Welterweight Championship, World Junior Welterweight Championship, Female World Welterweight Championship, and has been the recipient of numerous honors such as the Women Boxing Archive Network‘s “Biggest Comeback of the Year”, World Boxing Federation‘s “Female Fighter of the Year”, and The Ring‘s “Female Fighter of the Year”.
The Preacher’s Daughter
Born Place / Residence
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
In 2000, she graduated from Manzano High School in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Post that, she spent 1 year at the University of New Mexico.
Mixed Martial Artist (Ultimate Fighting Championship Fighter), former pro boxer and kickboxer
- Father – is pastor for Edgewood Church of Christ
- Siblings – Brian Holm (Older Brother), Weston Holm (Older Brother)
She is the daughter of a preacher.
- Bantamweight (MMA)
- Light Welterweight
- Welterweight (Boxing & Kickboxing)
- Light Middleweight
69 in or 175 cm
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
61 kg or 135 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Holly has dated –
- Jeff Kirkpatrick – Holly was previously married to Jeff Kirkpatrick. In Cancun, Mexico, the couple got married on April 27, 2012. They separated in July 2019 and later filed for divorce.
Race / Ethnicity
- Well-defined muscular body
- Freckled face
36-27-35 in or 91.5-69-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Intel Pharma sponsors Holly during UFC matches.
She has appeared in ReadyEverySecond.com’s commercial.
Best Known For
Winning the Mixed Martial Art’s bantamweight title by defeating Ronda Rousey.
She debuted on January 25, 2002, when she fought a boxing match with Martha Deitchman and won by 1-0 via Technical Knockout (TKO) at Isleta Casino & Resort, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Uses frequent lateral movement
- Great punching combinations
- Generally waits to attack (generally jabs with left hand) with counter-strikes with matching footwork
- Combination of kicking techniques is incredible like fast sidekick, low oblique kick, and left high kick all one by one.
She appeared in the 2015 action film Fight Valley for her role as Payton Walsh.
First TV Show
Holly’s first television appearance was in 2013 in the TV series Bellator MMA Live as herself in an episode entitled “Bellator MMA 91.”
Holly Holm, being a sportsperson has to take care of her health more than any normal person. She runs for 5 days a week and does strength training for 2 days in a week.
Holm also undergoes a cardio-kickboxing class for fun and muscle recovery. It also provides her with a full-body workout and keeps her away from boredom, unlike the gym.
The athlete eats clean and stays away from unwanted greasy food items such as junk food and others. This does not mean she watches her diet/calorie intake closely.
Almond butter and drinks like kombucha and KeVita remain on her good food list.
Holly Holm Favorite Things
- Place – Gym
Source – IMDb
Holly Holm Facts
- While in high school and university, she used to play soccer, gymnastics, aerobics, diving, and swimming before actively getting into boxing and kickboxing.
- She is left-handed.
- Holly is a licensed real estate agent.
- On March 4, 2011, she played her first mixed martial arts match.
- Holly Holm defeated MMA fighter, Ronda Rousey on November 15, 2015, in a UFC match. This was Ronda’s first defeat in the sport.
- She is IFBA Fighter of the Year 2006, and WBAN Fighter of the Year 2007 and 2010.
- In April 2014, during Legacy FC Bantamweight Championship, Holly’s arm got broken, but still, she managed to win the match in the fifth round.
- She is very good at knockouts.
- Visit her official website @ hollyholm.com.