|Holt McCallany Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1963|
Holt McCallany is an American actor, voice actor, director, and producer who is known for playing Bill Tench in the psychological crime thriller series Mindhunter, Owen Decker in the UPN science fiction series Freedom, Lt. Brannigan in the legal drama series 61st Street, Patrick “Lights” Leary in the FX boxing drama series Lights Out, Haiden “Bullet” Blaire in the heist action thriller film Wrath of Man, Detective Joe Diaco in the crime drama series Golden Boy, The Mechanic in the drama film Fight Club, D.A. Robert McCoy in the CBS police procedural drama series Blue Bloods, Capt. Doug Van Meter in the black comedy war film Three Kings, Loomis in the submarine supernatural thriller film Below, Anderson in the neo-noir psychological thriller film Nightmare Alley, Detective John Hagen in the CBS police procedural drama series CSI: Miami, Deputy United States Marshal Jessup in the action thriller film Blackhat, and Jerry “The Beast” Manning in the crime thriller film Shot Caller.
Holt Quinn McAloney
New York City, New York, United States
He divides his time between –
- New York City, New York, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Holt McCallany attended the National School in Howth in Dublin, Ireland. Then, he studied at Creighton Preparatory School in Omaha, Nebraska but was eventually expelled. After some time, his parents enrolled him at Newbridge College (a co-educational private secondary school in Newbridge, County Kildare, Ireland). It was the same institution that his father had attended 40 years earlier. He later returned to Creighton Preparatory School and graduated in 1981.
Later on, Holt McCallany went to France and studied French at the Sorbonne, art at the Paris American Academy, and theater at L’École Marcel Marceau and L’École Jacques Lecoq. He also studied Shakespeare at Oxford University for a summer.
Actor, Voice Actor, Director, Producer
- Father – Michael McAloney (1924–2000) (Actor, Producer)
- Mother – Julie Wilson (October 21, 1924 – April 5, 2015) (Singer, Actor)
- Siblings – Michael McAloney Jr. (Younger Brother) (Died in 1991)
- Others – Russell Frank Edmund Wilson (Maternal Grandfather) (Coal Salesperson), Emily Bennett Wilson (Maternal Grandmother) (Hairdresser)
Holt McCallany has been repped by Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $3 Million.
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Holt McCallany has dated –
- Nicole Wilson – Reportedly, he has been romantically involved with actor Nicole Wilson.
Race / Ethnicity
Holt McCallany is of Irish descent on his father’s side and has Swedish, English, Scottish, German, French, and Swiss-German ancestry on his mother’s side.
Salt and Pepper
Holt McCallany Favorite Things
- Some Of His Favorite Films During His Younger Years – Raging Bull, Rocky, The Set Up, Fat City, Hard Times
- Sport – Boxing
Source – IMDb
Holt McCallany Facts
- Both his parents were accomplished artists and his mother was “widely regarded as the queen of cabaret”, while his father garnered critical acclaim for his Tony Award-winning production of Brendan Behan’s Borstal Boy which became the first Irish production to win top honors on Broadway.
- Holt McCallany made his first theatrical film appearance as Sam Whitemoon in the 1987 comedy horror anthology film Creepshow 2.
- He played Ricky McKenna in the superhero drama television series Heroes in 2007.
- From 2017 to 2019, he appeared as Bill Tench in the psychological crime thriller television series Mindhunter.
- Holt McCallany starred as Richard Bentley in the American-Hungarian science fiction thriller film Beyond White Space in 2018.
- He is a boxing enthusiast and even wanted to become a boxer.
- He speaks French fluently.
- McCallany has done voiceover work for video games like Star Wars: Demolition and Fight Club.
Featured Image by Holt McCallany / Instagram