|Manish Wadhwa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Manish Wadhwa is an Indian actor, voice artist, and theatre actor who is known for playing Chanakya in the Dangal TV historical drama series Chandragupta Maurya, Amal Nanda in the science fiction drama series Hero – Gayab Mode On, and Balaji Vishwanath in the Sony TV historical drama series Peshwa Bajirao. He has also been cast in a variety of other shows and movies such as Padmaavat, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero, Aamrapali, Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Ek Baar Phir, Mitwa Phool Kamal Ke, Kohinoor, Pathaan, Siya Ke Ram, Paramavatar Shri Krishna, Crime Patrol, Naagarjuna – Ek Yoddha, Kahat Hanuman Jai Shri Ram, Shyam Singha Roy, Gadar 2: The Katha Continues, and Maha Kumbh: Ek Rahasaya, Ek Kahani.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actor, Voice Artist, Theatre Actor
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Manish Wadhwa has dated –
- Priyanka Wadhwa – He is married to Priyanka Wadhwa and the duo parents 2 children – a son named Ashrit Wadhwa and a daughter named Vanshika Wadhwa.
Race / Ethnicity
Manish Wadhwa Facts
- He was seen as Captain Inayat Gyani in the 2004 epic biographical war film Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero, starring Sachin Khedekar, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Rajit Kapur, Divya Dutta, and Arif Zakaria.
- Along with Ashish Sharma, Rushiraj Pawar, and Sooraj Thapar, Manish Wadhwa co-starred as Chanakya (a scholar from Takshashila who was Chandragupta’s adviser and Prime Minister of the Maurya Empire) in the historical drama television series Chandragupta Maurya in 2011.
- He appeared as Gandharv Sen (Padmavati’s Father) in the 2018 Hindi-language historical drama film Padmaavat, starring Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor, Ranveer Singh, and Aditi Rao Hydari. The film became the 12th highest-grossing Indian film of all time.
- Manish Wadhwa brought to life the character of Moropant (Manikarnika’s father) in the Hindi-language historical action drama film Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi in 2019. Based on the life of Rani Lakshmi Bai of Jhansi, the film became one of the highest-grossing women-centric films in India. The film’s lead cast included Kangana Ranaut, Jisshu Sengupta, Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub, and Ankita Lokhande.
- He played the role of Mahadev Mahant in the 2021 Telugu-language period romantic drama film Shyam Singha Roy.
- In 2023, Manish appeared as General Qadir in the Hindi-language action thriller film Pathaan. The film became the highest-grossing Indian film of 2023, the 2nd-highest-grossing Hindi film of all time, and the 5th-highest-grossing Indian film of all time.
- He was cast as Pakistani Army General Viren Khan in the 2023 Hindi-language period action drama film Gadar 2. A sequel to the 2001 film Gadar: Ek Prem Katha, it stars Sunny Deol, Ameesha Patel, and Utkarsh Sharma.
- As a dubbing artist, he has worked on numerous shows and movies like The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Lucifer, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, The Sandman, Ferdinand, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Inferno, The Twilight Saga: New Moon, Tron: Legacy, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, The Finest Hours, Captain America: The First Avenger, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Triple Frontier, Jagame Thandhiram, Lady and the Tramp, and Avengers: Endgame.
Featured Image by Manish Wadhwa / Instagram