|Jisshu Sengupta Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10.25 in|
|Date of Birth||March 15, 1977|
Jisshu Sengupta is an Indian actor, producer and television presenter who is widely known for his work primarily in Bengali movies, along with Hindi as well as Telugu languages. He had shot to fame with his first on-screen role in the teleserial that aired on Doordarshan titled Mahaprabhu in the past, his stellar performance as the younger Chaitanya Mahaprabhu having earned him critical acclaim. He went on to gain further popularity after appearing in a number of noted films including his Bollywood debut, Shyam Benegal’s National Award-winning movie Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero (2004), and many in Bengali such as Noukadubi (2011) and Zulfiqar (2016). Jisshu has starred in various TV programs as well, like the Hindi sci-fi series Skyfire (2019) in which he portrayed the part of Harshvardhan Dharma and the Bengali soap opera on Star Jalsha Aparajito (2011), that he had produced. He has also anchored numerous television and award shows including Filmfare Awards East (2017) and the comedy series Hasiwala and Company on Star Jalsha, which he began to host in October 2020. Jisshu is the recipient of many accolades such as the Kalakar Awards in 2004 for being the “Best Actor”. Jisshu has amassed more than 350k followers on Instagram.
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
He went to Julien Day School, where he was fully committed to playing cricket. After that, he attended Heramba Chandra College, pursuing a degree in Economics, following which he began to work in an advertising agency.
Actor, Producer, Television Presenter
- Father – Ujjwal Sengupta (Actor)
- Others – Anjana Bhowmick (Mother-in-Law) (Actress), Chandana Sharma (Sister-in-Law) (Actress)
5 ft 10.25 in or 178.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Nilanjana Sharma (2004-Present) – He tied the knot with actress Nilanjana Sharma in 2004. They have 2 daughters together named Sara Sengupta and Zara Sengupta.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall stature
- Shapely lips
- Mole beside his nose
Jisshu Sengupta Favorite Things
- Passion – Cricket, having been a talented cricketer himself and represented Bengal in several state-level sub-junior league tournaments and also been the captain of the Bengal Tigers team in the Celebrity Cricket League
Source – Times Of India
Jisshu Sengupta Facts
- He has been an avid sportsman, having participated in many kinds of sports, ever since his childhood.
- Jisshu has recounted how after his marriage, he and his wife would sleep on the floor as they did not even have a wooden bed. The bed had finally come when Nilanjana conceived the first time.
- He has recalled that he had a great time working with Vidya Balan when he played the role of her character’s husband Paritosh Banerji, in the film Shakuntala Devi (2020). Jisshu discovered Vidya to be a prankster and in general, a very nice person.
- Jisshu has revealed that he has not watched films that much and when he has, it has been web series and superhero movies that he has enjoyed the most. He has observed that people often believe that more can be learned by seeing more films. However, Jisshu has found his biggest learning to have been from life instead, and so he has tried to be with people as much as he can.
Featured Image by Jisshu U Sengupta / Instagram