|Camryn Manheim Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 8, 1961|
Camryn Manheim is an American actress, voiceover artist, author, and activist who is known for her on-screen roles including Ellenor Frutt in The Practice, Kristina in Happiness, Gladys Presley in Elvis, Delia Banks in Ghost Whisperer, Lieutenant Cosgrove in Stumptown, and Control in Person of Interest. She also won the 1998 Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series” for her role as Ellenor Frutt in The Practice.
West Caldwell, Essex County, New Jersey, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Camryn Manheim studied at Woodrow Wilson Classical High School located in Long Beach, California. Afterward, she attended the University of California, Santa Cruz and graduated in 1984 with a BFA degree. She also graduated from New York University‘s Tisch School of the Arts Graduate Acting Program with an MFA degree in 1987.
Actress, Activist, Voiceover Artist, Author
- Father – Jerome Manheim (Mathematics Professor)
- Mother – Sylvia (Nuchow) (Teacher)
- Sibling – Karl Manheim (Brother) (Law Professor at Loyola Law School)
Camryn Manheim is represented by Framework Entertainment, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Camryn Manheim has dated –
- Jeffrey Brezovar – The duo parents a son named Milo Jacob Manheim (b. March 6, 2001) who has established himself in the entertainment industry.
Race / Ethnicity
Camryn Manheim is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Charming smile
- A Pegasus tattoo on her ankle
Camryn Manheim has done print adverts for Target Stores.
Camryn Manheim Facts
- She spent her childhood years in Peoria, Illinois.
- During her high school years, she was a part of a Renaissance fair after which she got inclined towards acting.
- At the age of 20, she changed her name.
- Before making it big in the entertainment industry, Camryn Manheim used to work as a sign language interpreter at hospitals.
- She co-starred as Kristina in the 1998 black comedy-drama film, Happiness, which bagged the FIPRESCI Prize at the 1998 Cannes Film Festival.
- From 1997 to 2004, Camryn Manheim appeared as Ellenor Frutt in the legal comedy-drama television series, The Practice. Apart from the Primetime Emmy Award, this role also won her the 1999 Golden Globe Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film” as well as the 2000 Satellite Award for “Best Actress – Television Series Drama”.
- She has authored the book titled “Wake Up, I’m Fat!”.
- Camryn Manheim takes pride in being a major Texas Hold Em player.
- She has also been associated with the charity called Bet Tzedek Legal Services – The House of Justice.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0