|Chris Paul Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 6, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Chris Paul is an American professional basketball player who has played for the Phoenix Suns of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Regarded by many as one of the greatest point guards of all time, he has won the NBA Rookie of the Year Award, an NBA All-Star Game Most Valuable Player Award, 2 Olympic gold medals, and led the NBA in assists 5 times and steals a record 6 times. He has also become one of the highest-paid athletes in the world and has signed endorsement deals with Jordan Brand and State Farm.
Christopher Emmanuel Paul
CP3, The Point God
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Bel-Air, Los Angeles, United States
CP3 attended West Forsyth High School in Clemmons, North Carolina. He was a McDonald’s All-American in high school.
After graduating from high school, he went to Wake Forest University for two years of college basketball.
- Father – Charles Paul (Former athlete)
- Mother – Robin Paul
- Siblings – Charles Paul Junior (Older Brother) (Also the manager of Chris)
- Others – Nathaniel Fredrick Jones (Maternal Grandfather), Rachel Allean Hines (Maternal Grandmother)
Chris Paul is signed with Excel Sports Management.
His net worth has been $160 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 0 in or 183 cm
174 lbs or 79 kg
Chris is married to Jada Crawley. The couple first met while attending Wake Forest University together, but they started dating in 2003. Chris and Jada married on September 10, 2011. They have two children, a son named Christopher Emmanuel Paul II (b. May 23, 2009) and a daughter named Camryn Alexis Paul (b. August 16, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
Chris Paul is of African-American descent.
12.5 (US) or 12 (UK) or 46 (EU)
Chris Paul has signed endorsement contracts with various companies and some of them are Nike and State Farm Insurance.
According to Forbes, in 2014, Paul had huge earnings of $5.5 million from his endorsement deals.
From 2008 to 2009, he appeared in print advertisements for Right Guard Extreme and Right Guard Professional Strength deodorant.
He stated that almost every Sunday, he goes to church. He also said in an interview that “I am so thankful that my parents raised me and C.J. to depend on God’s guidance and our faith in Him, and to always be thankful for what we receive.”
Best Known For
Chris is considered to be one of the best playmakers in the NBA league. He is known for his great achievements such as being
- 8 times NBA All-Star player (2008 – 2015)
- 4 times NBA First Team player (2008, 2012-2014)
- NBA Rookie of the Year (2006)
- 4 times NBA assists leader (2008-2009, 2014-2015)
- 6 times NBA steals leader (2008-2009, 2011-2014)
Paul will be remembered for being a part of the USA National Basketball Team, who won two Olympic gold medals; one in Beijing in 2008, and the other one in London in 2012.
- Great Ball Handling Skills
- High IQ
- Great Passing Ability
- Great Fundamentals
- Good Mid-Range and Three Point Shooting Ability
- Weak Defense
- Not so Athletic
- His height, standing only 183 cm
First NBA Appearance
Paul had his NBA debut on the 1st of November back in 2005, when his New Orleans Hornets faced Sacramento Kings.
Chris and the Hornets won that game by 26 points with the end result standing 93 to 67.
On his debut, Paul played a total of 33 minutes and scored 13 points, dished 4 assists, and grabbed 8 rebounds.
Chris Paul is one of the hardest-working players, who has ever played in the hardest basketball league in the world i.e. The NBA.
Besides, he is not one of those players with freaking athleticism, he works hard to keep up with them.
He does regular weight training and a lot of agility and speed training. From a young age, he used to work on his sprinting form with his older brother C.J. As Chris said, he and his brother used to have 30-meter sprints.
Chris further said that even today, despite, he is a professional basketball player, he calls his brother during the offseason so that they can practice running together.
Also, because, Chris is one of the best, if not THE best point guard in the NBA, he does a lot of ball handling training.
You can take a look at how Chris Paul prepares during the off-season through the following video –
Chris Paul Favorite Things
- NBA player – Michael Jordan, LeBron James
- NBA Team – Chicago Bulls
- Music Artist – Jay-Z
- Designers – Ralph Lauren
- Basketball shoes – Jordan 13
Source – ESPN.go.com, Esquire.com
Chris Paul Facts
- CP3 was selected as the fourth pick of the 2005 NBA Draft by the New Orleans Hornets.
- In his senior year, he once scored a total of 61 points in honor of his 61-year-old grandfather, who was killed the same year.
- He made his All-Star debut during the 2007-2008 season.
- As a part of the National Basketball Team of the United States, he won a bronze medal in the 2006 FIBA World Championship held in Japan.
- He bought his mansion in Bel-Air from the popular American singer Avril Lavigne for $8.5 million in 2012.
- Paul is passionate about bowling.
- Chris has his own foundation named CP3.
- His brother played basketball too. He was a part of the basketball team at Hampton University and the University of South Carolina Upstate.
- Paul is good friends with Reggie Bush. They used to have the same personal chef when they were living in the One River Plate complex (New Orleans Central Business District).
- Because of his personality and sportsmanship in 2013, Chris was chosen to be the president of the National Basketball Players Association.
- In 2019, he became a vegan and subsequently exhibited significant statistical and performance improvements.