Christopher Emmanuel Paul
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA
Bel-Air, Los Angeles, USA
CP3 attended West Forsyth High School in Clemmons, North Carolina. He was a McDonald’s All-American in high school.
After graduating from high school, he went to Wake Forest University for two years of college basketball.
- Father – Charles Paul (Former athlete)
- Mother – Robin Paul
- Siblings – Charles Paul Junior (Older Brother) (Also the manager of Chris)
Chris Paul is signed with Excel Sports Management.
6 ft 0 in or 183 cm
174 lbs or 79 kg
Chris is married to Jada Crawley. The couple first met while attending Wake Forest University together, but they started dating in 2003. Chris and Jada married on September 10, 2011. They have two children, Christopher Emmanuel Paul II (born – May 23, 2009), and Camryn Alexis Paul (born – August 16, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
12.5 (US) or 12 (UK) or 46 (EU)
Chris Paul has signed endorsement contracts with various companies and some of them are Nike and State Farm Insurance.
According to Forbes, in 2014, Paul had huge earnings of $5.5 million from his endorsement deals.
From 2008 to 2009, he appeared in print advertisements for Right Guard Extreme and Right Guard Professional Strength deodorant.
He stated that almost every Sunday, he goes to church.
Best Known For
Chris is considered to be one of the best playmakers in the NBA league. He is known for his great achievements such as being
- 8 times NBA All-Star player (2008 – 2015)
- 4 times NBA First Team player (2008, 2012-2014)
- NBA Rookie of the Year (2006)
- 4 times NBA assists leader (2008-2009, 2014-2015)
- 6 times NBA steals leader (2008-2009, 2011-2014)
Paul will be remembered for being a part of the USA National Basketball Team, who won two Olympic gold medals; one in Beijing in 2008, and the other one in London in 2012.
- Great Ball Handling Skills
- High IQ
- Great Passing Ability
- Great Fundamentals
- Good Mid-Range and Three Point Shooting Ability
- Weak Defense
- Not so Athletic
- His height, standing only 183 cm
First NBA Appearance
Paul had his NBA debut on the 1st of November back in 2005, when his New Orleans Hornets faced Sacramento Kings.
Chris and the Hornets won that game by 26 points with the end result standing 93 to 67.
On his debut, Paul played a total of 33 minutes and scored 13 points, dished 4 assists and grabbed 8 rebounds.
Chris Paul is one of the hardest-working players, who has ever played in the hardest basketball league in the world i.e. The NBA.
Besides, he is not one of those players with freaking athleticism, he works hard to keep up with them.
He does regular weight training and a lot of agility and speed training. Since young age, he used to work on his sprinting form with his older brother C.J. As Chris said, he and his brother used to have 30-meter sprints.
Chris further said that even today, despite, he is a professional basketball player, he calls his brother during the offseason so that they can practice running together.
Also, because, Chris is one of the best, if not THE best point guard in the NBA, he does a lot of ball handling training.
You can take a look on how Chris Paul prepares during the off-season through this following video –
Chris Paul Favorite Things
- NBA player – Michael Jordan, LeBron James
- NBA Team – Chicago Bulls
- Music Artist – Jay-Z
- Designers – Ralph Lauren
- Basketball shoes – Jordan 13
Source – ESPN.go.com, Esquire.com
Chris Paul Facts
- CP3 was selected as the fourth pick of the 2005 NBA Draft by the New Orleans Hornets.
- In his senior year, he once scored a total of 61 points in honor of his 61 year old grandfather, who was killed the same year.
- He made his All-Star debut during the 2007-2008 season.
- As a part of the National Basketball Team of USA, he has won bronze medal in the 2006 FIBA World Championship held in Japan.
- He bought his mansion in Bel-Air from the popular American singer Avril Lavigne for $8.5 million in 2012.
- Paul is passionate about bowling.
- Chris has his own foundation named CP3.
- His brother played basketball too. He was a part of the basketball team at Hampton University and the University of South Carolina Upstate.
- Paul is good friends with Reggie Bush. They used to have the same personal chef when they were living in One River Plate complex (New Orleans Central Business District).
- Because of his personality and sportsmanship in 2013, Chris was chosen to be the president of the National Basketball Players Association.