|Isyana Sarasvati Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 2, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Isyana Sarasvati is an Indonesian singer, songwriter, record producer, actress, and multi-instrumentalist. She is best known for her studio albums Explore! (2015), Paradox (2017), and LEXICON (2019).
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
Isyana attended Taruna Bakti Senior High School in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia.
At the age of 16, Singapore Government awarded her a scholarship to study at the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA) in Bras Basah, Singapore. In 2013, she graduated with a diploma in Music Performance.
She then received a scholarship to study at NAFA in collaboration with the Royal College of Music (RCM) London, England, United Kingdom. On September 26, 2015, she graduated with a Bachelor of Music degree. In 2015, Isyana also received an RCM Excellence Award Scholarship as well as Best Graduate Award & Embassy of Peru Award.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Record Producer, Multi-instrumentalist
- Father – Sapta Dwikardana (Lecturer, Therapist (Graphologist), Has a Ph.D.)
- Mother – Luana Marpanda (Music Teacher)
- Siblings – Rara Sekar Larasati (Older Sister) (Master’s degree in Cultural Anthropology, Researcher, Musician, Activist, Vocalist in a band Banda Neira)
- Others – Arief Winarto (Cousin) (Bassist of aTen2Five band, CEO of Bayarind)
Isyana Sarasvati is represented by Ihn Art Entertainment (Talent Agent, Manager) in Medan, Sumatera Utara, Indonesia.
Pop, R&B, Electropop, Jazz, Opera, Soul
Vocals, Piano, Saxophone, Flute, Electone
Sony Music Entertainment Indonesia
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Isyana Sarasvati has dated –
- Dr. Rayhan Maditra Indrayanto (2007-Present) – She met Rayhan while they were still in junior high school but they started dating in 2007. They got engaged on December 29, 2019, and got married on February 2, 2020, in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia. Her husband is also a vocalist and can play the guitar.
Race / Ethnicity
She has also dyed her hair ends ‘Purple’ in the past.
Mole above her upper lip
Isyana Sarasvati has endorsed brands such as Oriflame Indonesia and Melissa Shoes Indonesia.
Isyana Sarasvati Favorite Things
- Fashion Icon/Actress – Audrey Hepburn
Source – Instagram
Isyana Sarasvati Facts
- She spent her early childhood in various countries because her father pursued his Ph.D.
- She was introduced to music by her mom at the age of 4.
- At the age of 7, she moved back to Indonesia with her family.
- In elementary school, she idolized singers such as Marcel, Rossa, and Glenn Fredly.
- Her voice type is a soprano.
- As of March 2020, she has composed all of her songs.
- She used to be an opera singer in Singapore.
- Isyana used to appear in piano, electone, and singing competitions regularly before she became a well-known singer. She either won 1st place or got to the finals in the majority of them.
- At the age of 15, she composed a song titled Wings of Your Shadow. The song was selected as the 12th best composition in the world out of 3500 other songs in the competition.
- Isyana and a fellow Indonesian singer Raisa Andriana came to the Indonesian music scene and rose to prominence around the same time.
- She was crushed by the death of Mike Mohede on July 31, 2016. She considered him one of the greatest singers Indonesia ever had.
- Forbes Indonesia listed her on their annual list of young achievers titled 30 Under 30 in the “Art, Style & Entertainment” category in February 2019.
- In July 2019, she became a judge on the 4th season of the singing TV competition The Voice Indonesia. Other judges were Anindyo “Nino” Baskoro, Titi DJ, Vidi Aldiano, and Armand Maulana.
- She has uploaded covers of songs by artists such as Elle Varner, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Sam Smith, and Paul Simon.
- Isyana performed a song titled A Whole New World in collaboration with singer Gamaliel Tapiheru for the Indonesian soundtrack for the movie Aladdin (2019). The original song was performed by lead actors Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott, with end credits sung by Zayn Malik and Zhavia Ward.
Featured Image by Isyana Sarasvati / Instagram