Devised by Dr Bryant A Stamford and Becca Coffin, The Jack Sprat Low-Fat Diet is a healthy lifestyle plan, which will guide how you can stay away from poor eating habits and inculcate healthy eating habits in your routine life.
Dr Bryant has designed the diet plan, which suits the people of all the groups and can be used equally by males, females, and children. Since the diet plan will thoroughly keep guiding you about grocery shopping, at no point you shall feel being left astray.
What is The Jack Sprat Low-Fat Diet
The Jack Sprat Low-Fat Diet is high protein, low carb, and low fat diet. Apart from saving you from bountiful ailments, the plan will render you trimmed and healthy body. High protein diet will also boost up your energy which will keep you agile throughout the day.
The diet plan consists of a list of food items, recipes, shopping list, and the number of calories you require to consume in a day. Food items incorporated in the diet program are low in sodium but packed with vital nutrients.
Recommended Food Items
The Jack Sprat Low-Fat Diet has given a proper list of food items. Let’s check out some of the recommended food items of the diet plan.
Skim milk, cereal, low-fat yogurt, chicken, salad, oats, fish, boiled potato, fresh bread, low-fat brownie, and broccoli
The four week diet plan has divided the diet regime into six small meals. Apart from breakfast, lunch and dinner, you need to have three surplus meals in a day.
How can You Successfully Follow the Plan?
Though the plan is simple and easy to follow but if you follow some guidelines, the plan will grow easier for you which will crop up your chances of success.
- Count the number of calories you consume in a day. Since calorie counts of all the ingredients are mentioned on the packaging of food items, you can easily do that.
- Categorize your calorie consumption on the basis of different ingredients such as carbs, fats, and proteins.
- Stick to the same routine for at least one week and keep a written record of them in a diary.
Doing so will help you in knowing the problem areas of your diet plan. Self-observation and consciousness will inevitably elevate your chances of succeeding with the diet plan because you already have overcome one blockage. And you are mentally prepared to shed weight.
Pros and Cons of The Jack Sprat Low-Fat Diet
The Jack Sprat Low-Fat Diet has many pros and cons. Let’s have a quick look at some of the pros and cons of the diet plan.
- The diet plan being able to meet your individual requirements can be tailored based on your personal preferences and requirements.
- The diet plan being very extensive will provide you platform to figure out your problem areas and ways to overcome them. You can seek your solution in workouts, diet, or any recreational activity.
- The diet program being practical and realistic in approach will bring radical transformation in you both your body and mind.
- The food items recommended in the diet plan are easy to obtain. And the recipes given are easy to cook. You will really relish the delicious self-cooked meals.
- The diet plan will educate you about the ways of ditching your unhealthy eating habits. Without pressurizing you to purge your favorite ice cream or pizza, you will naturally stop craving for them.
- The high-protein diet might cause the formation of cortisol, the stress hormone inside your body. Cortisol being mixed with some other chemicals causes inflammation and also makes you prone to become victim of heat problems and diabetes.
- Low-fat diet plan might make your body devoid of essential fats such as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat. Apart from keeping check on your cholesterol level, these fats are vital for maintaining good health of your skin, hair, and eyes. Dearth of fats in foods makes you look dull from outside and fragile from inside.
- Low carb and high protein diet might make you victim of mood swings. Women being more likely to be affected from it might suffer from tension, anger, frustration, depression, confusion etc.
Apart from being wary while abiding by the diet plan, you need to choose your food items very discreetly. Since your body gets healthy fats from walnuts, avocadoes, olive oil, nuts, and seeds, make sure that you don’t cut them from your diet, even if any diet plan asks you to do so. You can study the pros and cons of various diet plans and accordingly can create a customized diet plan for yourself.