|Jack Wilshere Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|January 1, 1992
Jack Wilshere is an English football coach and former professional player who is best known for having served as the head coach of the Arsenal U18s and his career as a midfielder for teams like Arsenal, AGF, AFC Bournemouth, and West Ham United. He announced his retirement from playing in July 2022. During the course of his career, Jack has been a part of tournaments like FA Youth Cup, Football League Cup/EFL Cup, FA Community Shield, FA Cup, FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro, and has been the recipient of honors like BBC‘s “Goal of the Season”, PFA‘s “Young Player of the Year”, and AFC Bournemouth‘s “Player of the Month”.
Jack Andrew Garry Wilshere
Hitchin, North Hertfordshire District, Hertfordshire, England
Jack attended The Prior School (a coeducational secondary school in Hertfordshire, England). He was the captain of the soccer team who won the District Cup and County Cup for three years in a row starting from his 7th year to 10th year. He also won the Under 15s National Cup in his 8th year.
At the age of 9, back in October 2001, Wilshere joined the Arsenal Academy from where he started his official pursuit of a soccer career.
Professional Soccer Player
- Siblings – Tom Wilshere (Brother), Rosie Ann Wilshere (Sister)
Jack is signed with Pele’s 10Ten Talent Management Company.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
150 lbs or 68 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jack Wilshere dated –
- Lauren Neal (2009-2015) – In 2009, Jack started dating Lauren Neal. The couple has two children, son Archie Jack Wilshere (born – September 29, 2011) and daughter Delilah Grace Wilshere (born – September 26, 2013). The couple called it quits in 2015.
- Carla Howe (2015) – In 2015, Jack was romantically linked with the model, Carla Howe. Allegedly, they exchanged a string of texts after having met for the first time during a night out.
- Andriani Michael (2015-Present) – In mid-2015, Jack started a relationship with his barber’s daughter Andriani Michael. In Italy, the couple got married in June 2017. In May 2018, the couple welcomed their first child together, a daughter named Siena.
Race / Ethnicity
- Playing style
- Great potential
Wilshere also showed up on UK and Ireland cover of FIFA 2012 together with Wayne Rooney.
Since November 2011, Jack is representing St John Ambulance.
Wilshere is a Christian.
Best Known For
Jack is known for his playmaking skills that made him one of the most perspective English midfielders in the last 10 years. His leadership, vision and passing skills on the soccer pitch are one of the best as described by Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger, who once said “Spanish technique, but an English heart” for Jack.
Wilshere is also known for playing one of the key roles both in Arsenal and in England national soccer team.
Wilshere is definitely one of the most physically prepared players in the whole Premiere League.
His athletic build and work ethics are the two aspects which make Jack a real threat to his opponents on the pitch.
He is known for his energy and his ability to really put lots of hours in hard work and dedication.
Jack Wilshere Favorite Things
- Stadium – Shakhtar Donetsk
- Arsenal Chant – “Super Jack Wilshere”
Source – DailyMail.co.uk
Jack Wilshere Facts
- He was first noticed while he was a part of Arsenal’s youth academy.
- He debuted on Arsenal’s first team in 2008 as the youngest player who has ever played in the league at only 16 years and 256 days of age.
- Wilshere served as a part of the national team of England for the under 16 team, under 17 team, under 19 team, and under 21 team.
- Jack had his debut in the senior national team at the age of 18, when England played against Hungary. He became the 10th youngest player who has debuted in the senior national team.
- He scored his first goal while playing an official match for Arsenal in his team’s victory against Sheffield United in the Football League Cup.
- Jack signed his first professional contract in January 2009.
- Wilshere got his number 10 after Robin van Persie was transferred to Manchester United.
- On November 27, 2014, Wilshere got injured in a game against Manchester United, a match in which Arsenal lost by 2-1. He was sidelined for three months and went through ankle surgery.
- Jack is left-handed.
- Dani Alves, the Brazilian defender, commented on Jack Wilshere as a great player and compared him to players such as Andres Iniesta and Xavi. The German football star, Bastian Schweinsteiger referred to Jack as one of the best midfielders, while Marco Reus said that Jack is a perfect player in his eyes.
- His family members are avid fans of West Ham, while Wilshere started supporting Arsenal’s “The Gunners” when he was 9.
- He is a great friend of Benik Afobe. They both grew as players while they were a part of Arsenal Academy.