|Jacques Kallis Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 16, 1975|
Jacques Kallis is a South African TV personality, former cricketer, and cricket coach. He is widely regarded as the greatest batsman that has played for South Africa’s national cricket team and one of the greatest all-rounders of all time. As of 2019, Jacques remained the only cricketer in the history that has scored more than 10k runs and took over more 250 wickets in both Test and ODI match cricket. In total, he took 292 wickets and 200 catches in his Test match career and has scored 13,289 runs.
Jacques Henry Kallis
Kalahari, Woogie, Jakes
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
He attended Wynberg Boys’ High School in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.
Former Cricketer, TV Personality, Cricket Coach
- Father – Henry Kallis (Passed away from cancer in 2003)
- Mother – Mercia Kallis
- Siblings – Janine Kallis (Younger Sister) (Former Cheerleader, Psychotherapist)
Jacques Kallis is represented by Dave Rundle/Rundle Management Services (Manager) in South Africa.
3 – South Africa, Kolkata Knight Riders
6 ft or 183 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jacques Kallis has dated –
- Marissa Eggli (2004) – He briefly dated Miss South Africa’s first princess Marisa Eggli in 2004.
- Cindy Nell (2004-2006) – Just weeks after breaking up with Marissa, he was engaged to the former Miss South Africa Cindy Nell. Unfortunately, they broke off the engagement in December 2006.
- Shamone Jardim (2007-2013)
- Charlene Engels – On January 13, 2019, Jacques Kallis married his longtime girlfriend, Charlene Engels. She is a National Trade Marketing Manager at Campari Group in South Africa. Their marriage ceremony was almost canceled because a wildfire was supposed to pass through Overberg in Western Cape where it was scheduled to take place. In December 2019, Jacques and Charlene revealed that they were expecting the birth of their 1st child in early 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Jacques Kallis has endorsed brands such as –
- Events by Nick Nicolaou
- Funxion Fusion Events & Decor
- Bona Dea Private Estate
He also founded The Jacques Kallis Scholarship Foundation in 2005 with the goal of funding and mentoring youngsters to reach their full academic and sporting potential.
Jacques Kallis Favorite Things
- Drink – Wine
- Sport Other Than Cricket – Golf
Jacques Kallis Facts
- He played for the English cricket squad, Middlesex, in 1997.
- Don Bennett, a former Middlesex coach, after only 2 weeks of Jacques’s 6-month contract told his teammates: “That lad has the potential to become one of the best all-rounders the game has seen.”
- He shared a close relationship with his dad and considered him his primary influence in life.
- When his dad got a terminal cancer diagnosis in 2003, Jacques took a pause from cricket to spend time with him and they only grew closer before his untimely death.
- Jacques was sometimes called “impeccable” in the roles of a right-handed batsman and a right-arm fast-medium swing bowler.
- Jacques was named the “ICC Test Player of the Year” and “ICC Player of the Year” in 2005.
- After a year of great performances in 2007, an annual book, Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack, also known as the “Bible of Cricket” named him “Leading Cricketer in the World” in 2008.
- He drove Audi R8 in the past. However, in December 2010, he crashed it into the gate of his neighbor’s house. He was not drunk and was left unscathed but the car was wrecked and had to be taken by a toll truck.
- After he started getting annoyed by his hair loss and felt it was impacting his image, Jacques underwent a strand-by-strand hair transplant surgery in March 2013.
- After retiring from playing cricket in international cricket in July 2014, Jacques was named batting coach for the South Africa national cricket team.
- In October 2015, Jacques was named the head coach of the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in IPL (Indian Premier League).
- In November 2019, Jacques shaved half of his beard to raise money for a couple of charities dear to his heart.
Featured Image by Jacques Kallis / Instagram