|Jae Matthews Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||Unknown|
Jae Matthews is an American Singer and a member of the Boy Harsher band. She started her musical journey when she was just 24 years old. Within no time, she became very popular in the music industry with some successful albums like Lesser Man released in 2014. She is also an assistant director and a producer known for the films like Good Time (2017), Rosy (2017) and Rain Dog (2013). If you are a fan of her or want to know more about her, here are more details about Jae Matthews.
She resides with her boyfriend Augustus Muller in Northampton, Massachusetts.
Jae Matthews went to the State University of New York at Purchase. She later got enrolled in a graduate school as well.
She also went to the film school with Augustus Muller. But it is not known whether she completed her course to work on her music.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has a twin sibling.
Jae Matthews’ music band Boy Harsher is represented by Marco Rapisarda.
Electro, Pop, Dance
Her music act has released most of the music on their own on iTunes.
However, some of their work has been published by Atlanta based DKA Records, Oraculo, and Night People.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jae Matthews has dated –
- Augustus Muller – While interacting with music publication Noisey, Jae Matthews revealed that she and Augustus were not only collaborating for music but were sharing a bed as well. They had first met while studying at a film school. In the interview, she revealed that she first got smitten by him after seeing him dance to Bizarre Love Triangle in a place which could be best described as church and warehouse hybrid. In the same interview, she revealed that erotic undertone of their music is often inspired by their lust for each other.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She seems to have an affinity for a blonde hair makeover.
- Heavy chin
- Defined jawline
- Blue eyes
Jae Matthews hasn’t endorsed any brand.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
Being a member of the indie music duo, Boy Harsher, which is well known for their techno inspired ballads and the success of the music album, Yr Body is Nothing, which was positively received by several music critics.
As a Singer
In 2013, she co-founded musical act, Teen Dreamz, with Muller that focused on literary style performances with Jae narrating prose and Muller providing background music.
Then, in 2014, she and Muller collaborated to start Boy Harsher. Their first studio album was Lesser Man, which was released in October 2014.
Jae Matthews hasn’t been cast in theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
She is yet to make an appearance on any TV show.
The concept of restricted diet plans hasn’t hit Matthews as she still loves going for anything that she finds tempting. For example, she doesn’t mind having a bag of popcorn for her dinner
Jae Matthews Favorite Things
- Current Track – Time to Tell by Cosey Fanni Tutti
- Influences – Strong women, Fighters, and Modes of desire
- Movie – The Night of Hunter
- Books – Ray Carver’s short story collections, Play It as It Lays by Joan Didion, The Somnambulist by Lara Mimosa Montes
- Musical Influences – Joan Jonas, Vito Acconci, Nico (Desertshore), Haley Fohr (Circuit des Yeux), Alison Lewis (Linea Aspera), Chelsea Wolfe, Nika Roza Danilova (Zola Jesus), and Cosey Fanni Tutti
Jae Matthews Facts
- Until she started collaborating with Augustus Muller in late 2013, she had no experience of creating any music or working in a musical project.
- She started her musical journey in Savannah, Georgia in 2013 before she and Augustus decided to move to Northampton, Massachusetts to achieve their career goals.
- When she started her musical journey, she was 24 years old.
- Visit Boy Harsher’s official website @ boyharsher.com.
- Follow her music act on Facebook, Twitter, and Soundcloud.
Featured Image by Jae Matthews / Instagram