|Jai McDowall Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1986|
After having performed at the local events and musicals, Jai McDowall managed to grab his breakthrough by winning the popular reality show, Britain’s Got Talent. And, he had to beat the odds to win the show. Because of his win, he got an opportunity to perform at Royal Variety Performance. However, his career as a solo artist didn’t take off. His record deal was also canceled by Syco Music after his debut album received less than satisfactory response.
Irvine, North Ayrshire, Scotland
Jai McDowall went to the Ayr College, Scotland. At the college, he studied Music and Audio Technology (NC & HNC) at Music and Sound Production Department for 2 years.
- Father – Jim McDowall (Singer)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Lee McDowall (Brother), Diane McDowall (Sister)
Jai McDowall is managed by John Rogerson of The Soundcheck Group.
He is represented by Kevin Moss of Marshall Arts Ltd.
Rock, Opera, Classical Crossover
Syco Music (2011-2012), Sony Music Entertainment (2011-2012), WIR Records (2012-2013), Crossfire Talent
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jai McDowall isn’t a big fan of sharing his personal life with the public and therefore, he has refrained from saying anything about his love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
He often dyes his hair to ‘Blonde’.
Jai McDowall has used his social media activity to promote brands, some of which are –
- Polpo Restaurants
- The Entertainer UK
Best Known For
Having won the 5th season of the reality TV show, Britain’s Got Talent. As a prize for his victory, he was given a spot to perform at the Royal Variety Performance in 2011. He was also given the cash prize of £100,000.
In December 2011, he released his debut studio album, Believe. The album didn’t achieve much of a commercial success but did manage to break into Top 20 of the Scottish album charts.
First TV Show
In 2011, Jai McDowall made his first TV show appearance on the music competition show, Britain’s Got Talent.
Jai McDowall regularly hits the gym to keep himself in the right shape. He relies on the guidance of his personal trainer TAFitness to ensure that he gets the most out of his workouts.
Once in the gym, he doesn’t mind lifting heavy weight. He is especially a huge fan of big and complex lifts. He has also included cardio in his workout regime. For cardio, he relies on cycling and training on the treadmill.
Jai McDowall Favorite Things
Source – Facebook
Jai McDowall Facts
- He was previously a member of the Loudoun Musical Society and Ayr Amateur Opera Company.
- Before he decided to audition for Britain’s Got Talent, he was working as a support worker in his hometown of Tarbolton.
- He has extensively worked in the musical theatre and has been cast in the roles such as Motel in Fiddler on the Roof and Frank in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
- While holidaying in the US in 2009, he decided to audition for The American Idol Experience. He went on to win the show.
- In 2010, he decided to audition for The X Factor in 2010. He managed to make it to the boot camp round but couldn’t find a place in the live shows.
- He auditioned for Britain’s Got Talent in Liverpool and decided to perform Anthem from Chess. He received ‘Yes’ from all the three judges.
- For the finale of Britain’s Got Talent, he decided to perform To Where You Are by Josh Groban. Apart from minor criticism by Simon Cowell, he received overall positive feedback from all the four judges.
- He managed to win Britain’s Got Talent after having secured 29.1% votes. It was a minor upset as Ronan Parke was considered a favorite to win the competition.
- In May 2012, he was caught in a minor controversy after a journalist misrepresented his comments and reported that Jai had called Cowell anti-Scottish. The report led to Cowell defending himself by revealing that his mother is Scottish and he also expressed his disappointment in Jai.
- In April 2017, it was revealed that he had undergone surgery for a deviated septum. He later revealed that the mucus from his blocked nose was regularly causing sore throat and that was adversely affecting his voice.
- Visit his official website @ jaimcdowallofficial.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Jai McDowall / Instagram