|Jake Funk Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 11, 1998|
|Girlfriend||Hannah Ann Sluss|
Jake Funk is an American professional football player who has represented the Los Angeles Rams (2021–Present) in the National Football League (NFL), as a running back. He had been picked 233rd overall by the Rams in the 7th round of the 2021 NFL Draft. He was a part of the Rams’ squad that had won the Super Bowl LVI (NFL‘s championship game for the 2021 season).
Gaithersburg, Montgomery County, Maryland, United States
Damascus, Montgomery County, Maryland, United States
Jake had attended the Damascus High School, a public school in Damascus, Maryland. After his high school graduation, he had joined, in 2016, the University of Maryland, College Park, a public land-grant research university in College Park, Maryland. There, he had represented the Maryland Terrapins football team until 2020.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Jim Funk (Former American Football Player)
- Mother – A’Lisa Funk (Former Swimmer, University-Level National Title Winner)
- Siblings – Josh Funk (Older Brother) (Professional Lacrosse Player), Jordan Funk (Younger Brother) (American Football Player)
- Others – Two of his grandparents were athletes at the Pennsylvania State University.
He is represented by –
- Dan Saffron, Manager, Steinberg Sports, Full-Service Athlete Representation Firm, Baltimore, Maryland, United States
- Samantha ‘Sam’ Sankovich, Booking Agent, Steinberg Sports, Full-Service Athlete Representation Firm, Baltimore, Maryland, United States
34 – Los Angeles Rams
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jake has dated –
- Hannah Ann Sluss (2022–Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Slightly overgrown, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
Jake Funk Facts
- In his high school junior year (2015), Jake was named the ‘Maryland Gatorade Player of the Year’ and ‘The Washington Post All-Metro Offensive Player of the Year’. In the state championship game in his senior year, he had scored a title-game record 7 rushing touchdowns.
- In his junior season at the University of Maryland, he had suffered a wrist injury before tearing his ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament). Due to this injury, he had received an extra year of eligibility but had torn his ACL again after having played in the first 3 games of his redshirt junior year.
- His older brother Josh, a professional lacrosse player, also owns a physical therapy clinic in Montgomery County, Maryland. He had assisted Jake in his recovery from the ACL tear.
- In the 4 matches during the COVID-19-shortened 2020 season (his redshirt senior year), he had averaged 129 rushing yards per game. At the end of the season, he had ranked 3rd on the University of Maryland’s list of yards per carry across a single season.
- After that season, despite having 2 seasons of eligibility remaining due to the injuries that he had suffered and the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) policy surrounding COVID-19, he had declared that he join the 2021 NFL Draft.
- After being selected by the Los Angeles Rams in the draft, he had signed a 4-year rookie contract with the team in May 2021. In October 2021, he had suffered a hamstring injury and was placed on the injured reserve list. He was activated on December 21, 2021.
Featured Image by Jake Funk / Instagram