|Ryan Kaji Quick Info
|4 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|September 27, 2011
Ryan Kaji is an American YouTuber and social media influencer whose YouTube channel titled Ryan’s World (known as Ryan ToysReview until 2019) has often been regarded as one of the most popular and among the most viewed accounts on the platform. The channel, started in March 2015, has grown exponentially over the years and has amassed more than 30 million subscribers making it one of the most highly subscribed accounts on the platform. To cater to the overwhelming global demand, his channel’s content has also been offered in languages such as Japanese and Spanish. He is popular on Instagram as well with more than 150k followers on the platform. The renowned Forbes magazine had ranked him 8th in the list of ‘Highest-Paid YouTubers’ for the period between 2016 and 2017. For the corresponding timeframe in the following year, he was ranked at a scarcely believable number 1.
Ryan Haruto Nguyen
Texas, United States
Texas, United States
Ryan, as of November 2020, was an elementary school student.
YouTuber, Social Media Influencer
- Father – Shion Guan (Former Structural Engineer)
- Mother – Kieu-Loan ‘Loann’ Guan (née Thi Nguyen) (Former High School Teacher)
- Siblings – Emma Guan (Younger Sister), Kate Guan (Younger Sister)
He is represented by Sunlight Entertainment LLC, a Texas-based company that was founded by his parents with the sole purpose of managing the business generated by Ryan’s YouTube channels.
4 ft 7 in or 139.5 cm
44 kg or 97 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Japanese descent on his father’s side and Vietnamese descent on his mother’s side.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, neck length hair
- Toothy grin
Ryan has promoted and endorsed brands such as –
- Just Play, LLC
- MGA Entertainment
- Moose Toys
- Spin Master Toys
- ZURU Toys
Ryan Kaji Facts
- Because he was born before the marriage of his parents, Ryan had to be named after his mother, to comply with Texan laws. In April 2017, his parents had moved the court for an order adjudicating parentage so that they could rename him from Ryan Haruto Nguyen (his mother’s surname) to Ryan Haruto Guan (his father’s surname). Their request was granted after Shion Guan had testified that he was indeed Ryan’s father.
- Before this, when he was barely 3 or 4 years old, he would often pester his mother, after watching toy review channels on YouTube, that he too wished to be on YouTube, just like other kids. His mother eventually relented and gave up her teaching job to fulfill Ryan’s wishes. The family had adopted ‘Kaji’ as their on-screen surname to protect their privacy.
- Although most of his videos on YouTube clock more than a million views regularly, one particular video of his had really caught the attention of viewers worldwide. It was titled Huge Eggs Surprise Toys Challenge and it had crossed the mark of 2 billion views in June 2020. This had catapulted the video into the list of the 60 most viewed videos in the history of YouTube at that time.
- With $29.5 million as the total income, Ryan was the highest-paid YouTuber of 2020 as per Forbes. He was also Forbes’ highest-paid YouTuber of 2019 with $26 million earnings.
- In July 2021, Ryan had collaborated with sneakers brand Skechers to launch a limited collection of kids’ shoes which he had helped to create.
Featured Image by Ryan Kaji / Instagram