|Jakeem Grant Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 30, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jakeem Grant is an American professional football player who began representing the Miami Dolphins in 2016 in the National Football League (NFL), as a wide receiver. Before joining them, he had represented Texas Tech University (2012-2015) and set the university’s all-time record for receiving yards. In his senior year, 2015, he had earned CBS Sports Second-team All-American and Second-team All-Big 12 honors.
Athens, Henderson County, Texas, United States
He splits his time between Dallas, Dallas County, Texas, United States, and Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States.
Jakeem had graduated from Dr. John D. Horn High School, a secondary school in Mesquite, Texas. He had then joined Texas Tech University in 2011, played college football for the institution, and graduated from there in 2015.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Jakeem Grant, Sr.
- Mother – Sylvia Whittaker
- Siblings – Markeith Whittaker (Older Brother), Keonte Grant (Brother)
He is represented by Murphy McGuire, NFL (National Football League) Agent/Contract Negotiator, Octagon Football, Houston, Texas, United States.
Wide Receiver, Return Specialist
19 – Miami Dolphins
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jakeem is married and often posts pictures with his wife but has not revealed her name or their relationship timeline. He had become a father while still in college and has 3 children -a son named Jakeem Grant, Jr., and twin daughters named Kaylie Grant and Kylie Grant (b. September 21, 2014). It has not been revealed whether he had the children with his wife whom he refers to as ‘Mrs. Grant’ on Instagram, or from an unnamed relationship in his college days.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Sports a goatee
- Has tattoos on both his arms and upper torso
Jakeem Grant Facts
- A talented footballer from his teenage years, he had held offers to play college football for institutions such as Colorado State University, Iowa State University, Louisiana Tech University, University of Pittsburgh, Texas Tech University, The University of Tulsa, Vanderbilt University, and Wake Forest University; while he was still a high school student.
- He had initially committed to joining The University of Tulsa but had changed his mind at the eleventh-hour and joined Texas Tech University just before Signing Day.
- He had redshirted (a practice in US college athletics to delay or suspend an athlete’s participation to lengthen their period of eligibility) in 2011, his first season at Texas Tech University. In 2012, for his performances, he had earned ESPN All-Big 12 1st Team Freshman honors.
- In his senior year, 2015, he had caught 90 passes for 1,268 yards and 10 touchdowns and broken Michael Crabtree’s school record in career yardage. He had also returned an additional 2 kickoffs for touchdowns which set the school’s season record for the category.
- In 2016, his rookie season for the Miami Dolphins, he had scored his career’s first touchdown in Week 5 of the NFL season, against Tennessee Titans. The touchdown had come on a 74-yard punt return and was placed at number 1 in ‘NFL Now‘s Top 5 Most Athletic Plays’.
Featured Image by Jakeem Grant / Instagram