|James Haskell Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 2, 1985|
James Haskell is a retired English rugby union player who played professionally in the Aviva Premiership for Northampton Saints and also internationally for England. He was a member of the London Wasps team from 2002 to 2009 and rejoined the team in 2013. He also played for the Highlanders along with Colin Slade. James Haskell also started a well-known fitness brand focused on training others on how to keep fit and get a rugby body. He has published several fitness books, one of which is related to maintaining a proper diet.
James Andrew Welbon Haskell
Windsor, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom
James Haskell attended Papplewick School in Ascot, England. He then went to Wellington College in Crowthorne, Berkshire, England.
Retired Rugby Player
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Flanker, Number Eight
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
118 kg or 260 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
James Haskell has dated –
- Chloe Madeley (2014-Present) – Chloe Madeley is an English television presenter, freelance journalist, and model. She began dating James Haskell in 2014 and they eventually got married. They’ve done various photoshoots together and seem to be enjoying their married life.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
James Haskell has done endorsement work for brands such as –
Best Known For
- Being an English rugby union player who played for Northampton Saints in the Aviva Premiership and internationally for England
- Receiving the ‘Man of the Series’ title after England’s 3-0 series victory over Australia in June 2016
- His involvement in a s*x tape scandal that almost ruined his career
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut on Celebrity Chase in 2014.
James Haskell Facts
- He was born and raised in Windsor, Berkshire in England.
- In 2008, James Haskell was involved in a s*x tape scandal that got him suspended from his team.
- James has spent his rugby career playing for his country’s various leading teams across different countries including London, Paris, Japan, and New Zealand. Due to his endeavors and the time he has put into advancing his rugby career, James has become one of the most experienced members of the England squad.
- In the Super Rugby team, Haskell was competing for Flanker position with a fellow rugby player, John Hardie who ended up in Scotland International.
- James doesn’t take life too seriously when he is off the pitch. He has become famous for his hilarious social media activities, most especially his funny selfie videos which usually involves him interviewing fellow England teammates. These activities have earned him a large following on his social media channels.
- James Haskell remains very hardworking even when he isn’t training or playing a game. He has a strong passion for nutrition and is always training to maintain and improve his physique. He is responsible for the creation of one of the most cutting-edge fitness brands in the world, James Haskell Health and Fitness. With his brand, he seeks to help people in their quest for a slimmer, toned, or muscular physique by providing diet and fitness tips.
- Due to his popularity in and out of the rugby community and his great sense of humor, James has become the perfect individual for hosting shows, public speaking, and being the MC for occasions.
- After the World Cup, James Haskell played in Japan for the Rams in the next rugby season before he sought a Super Rugby contract to complete the season.
- Before James Haskell became famous, he represented his country, England in under-18, 19, and 21 rugby matches.
- In May 2017, James was called up to the British and Irish Lions because of Billy Vunipola’s injury.
- Earlier in May 2019, James Haskell announced via an Instagram post that he was retiring from professional rugby after several years of playing for clubs internationally and his country.
- He joined the Top 14 side Stade Francais at the end of the 2008–09 season. The rugby player’s career was beginning to shoot upwards after several years of playing for England’s teams.
- In June 2016, James Haskell was named as the ‘Man of the Series’ during England’s 3-0 series victory over Australia.
- At the end of the 2010-2011 rugby season, it was announced that his contract at Stade Francais which he signed 2 years ago was over. He was to move back to the Wasps team to begin the 2012-2013 season.
- It was announced in January 2018 that James would leave Wasps at the end of the 2017-2018 Aviva Premiership season.
- Haskell was very interested in joining the Highlanders in Super Rugby in 2011. He claimed to always look forward to playing in a new environment because it helped him improve his skills and become a better player for his country.
- In July 2008, Martin Johnson selected James for the 2008/2009 Elite Player Squad. James played in all 3 autumn internationals which kicked off with a match against the South African team. Although James Haskell lost his starting berth to Tom Croft, he participated in every game of the 2009 Six Nations.
- When he was a member of Stuart Lancaster’s 31-man squad for the 2015 Rugby World Cup, James was benched in favor of Tom Wood. That year, England did not make it past the group stages.
- Before James joined the Wasps RFC, he played for Maidenhead Rugby Club where he was part of the highly successful Colts set up. When Wasps won the 2007 Heineken Cup Final, James joined as a replacement.
- James Haskell is the author of various fitness books which include Cooking For Fitness: Eat Smart, Train Better, Perfect Fit: The Winning Formula: Transform your body in just 8 weeks with my training and nutrition plan, and Introduction To Becoming and Remaining RugbyFit.
- Visit his official website @ www.jameshaskell.com.
- Follow James Haskell on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by James Haskell / Instagram