Škofja Loka, Slovenia
He went to Olimpija Ljubljana Youth Academy.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Teja Oblak (Older Sister) (Professional Basketball Player)
Oblak’s manager is not known.
He is currently signed with Atlético Madrid.
6 ft 1 in or 186 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jan’s dating history is not known.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blonde Hair
- Slim build
Jan’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35½ cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Jan has not been a part of any advertisement campaign yet.
Oblak’s religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
His great goalkeeping skills and for being one of the most expensive goalkeepers who was ever transferred to the Spanish Primera Division (In 2014, he reached an agreement with Atletico Madrid for a total fee of 16 million euros).
First Football Match
During the 2009-2010 season, the Slovenian international appeared in his first official match for Olimpija Ljubljana.
After being loaned from Benfica, Jan played his debut match for Uniao de Leiria on January 15, 2012 against Nacional.
He debuted for Atletico Madrid on September 16, 2014 in a Champions League match defeat to Olympiacos.
Jan made his debut for the U-21 national team in a match against France.
Oblak played his first official match as a part of the senior national team of Slovenia on September 11, 2012 in a loss against Norway.
- Stopping Long and close range shots
- Long passing
Jan has not performed in a film yet.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Oblak hasn’t appeared in any other TV show.
Oblak’s workout and diet is not known.
Jan Oblak Favorite Things
Jan’s favorite things are not known.
Jan Oblak Facts
- He began playing football when he was 5 at a local club named Ločan.
- When the team of Olimpija Ljubljana got disbanded after the end of 2004-2005 season, he shifted to a team called Bezigrad who was newly-formed at the time. Eventually after a short while, its name was changed to Olimpija Ljubljana.
- In 2009, Jan didn’t accept the offer sent from the Italian club Empoli and instead, he decided to go on a tryout for Fulham. In the end, he didn’t leave his club Olimpija Ljubljana and extended the contract until 2011.
- On June 14, 2010, the Slovenian international accepted the offer from Benfica from where he was sent to loan to another Portuguese team Beira-Mar.
- During the 2010-2011 season, he was also loaned to Olhanense.
- In July 2013, Jan didn’t attend a preseason practice because he was not signed with Benfica. However, the situation was later described as a “misunderstanding” and he extended his deal until 2018.
- He was named Best Goalkeeper of the Year for his performances in the 2014 UEFA Europa League after he allowed only three goals in a total of 13 matches.
- On July 16, 2014, Oblak got transferred to the Spanish team, Atlético Madrid. He replaced Thibaut Courtois who moved back to the English club Chelsea after his loan period officially expired.
- In August 2009, Jan became a part of the Slovenia’s U-21 team.
- His sister has played for the Slovenian basketball national team.
- Follow Oblak on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.