|Jang Ki-yong Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 7, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jang Ki-yong is a South Korean actor and model who started his career with great success in the modeling industry and then gained even more fame for his work in TV series such as It’s Okay, That’s Love (2014), Confession Couple (2017), Come and Hug Me (2018), Search: WWW (2019), My Roommate Is a Gumiho (2021), and Now, We Are Breaking Up (2021-2022). Jang has also acted in movies such as The Bad Guys: Reign of Chaos (2019) and Sweet & Sour (2021).
Ulsan, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Jang had attended Ulsan High School in his hometown. After his high school graduation, he passed a college entrance exam and joined the musical acting department at Yong In University, a private university located in Yongin, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. He completed his tertiary education at Seo Kyeong University, a private university in Seoul, majoring in model acting.
- Siblings – He has an older brother.
He has been represented by YG KPlus, Model and Actor Management Company, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jang has dated –
- Lee Ye-na (2017-2018)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Korean descent.
- Lanky frame
- Slightly overgrown, side-parted hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Charming smile
He has endorsed brands such as –
- The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. (American multinational cosmetics/skincare company)
- Lancôme (French luxury perfumes and cosmetics brand)
- Nivea (German skin and body care brand)
- Oriental Brewery (South Korean alcoholic beverage brand)
- Guess (American clothing brand and retailer)
- Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Dutch multinational conglomerate corporation)
- Natuur (Ice cream franchise of Lotteria, a Japanese company that operates a chain of fast-food restaurants in East Asia)
- Sprite (Soft drink brand of The Coca-Cola Company, an American multinational beverage corporation)
Jang Ki-yong Facts
- Jang, as a child, had developed an interest in fashion and photography. While in high school, he decided that he would pursue a career in the modeling industry. Although his parents were initially reluctant, he eventually managed to convince them.
- He left for Seoul a few years later and visited KPlus (now known as YG KPlus), a model and actor management company, when he was about 19 years old. Jang was not selected immediately and had to return about a year later. It was then that he was given an opportunity to take a pictorial after which he was signed by the company.
- By 2013, he began making appearances in music videos which gained him a lot of popularity. About a year later, his acting journey began and he started being featured in multiple TV series.
- In 2016, Jang participated in the second edition of Tribe of Hip Hop, a South Korean music show. Although he was not a trained singer, his performances in the show were noteworthy as he finished among the ‘Top 10’.
- Jang was enlisted in the South Korean military in July 2021 as conscription in South Korea (which has existed since 1957) requires its male citizens to perform compulsory military service. He was relieved from his service in February 2023.
Featured Image by Jang Ki-yong / Instagram