|Jantel Lavender Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 12, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jantel Lavender is an American professional basketball player who has represented Los Angeles Sparks (2011-2018) and Chicago Sky (2019-Present) in the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA). With the former, she won the WNBA Championship in 2016 and was named the WNBA ‘Sixth Woman (substitute) of the Year’ in the same year. She was also selected in the WNBA ‘All-Star team’ in 2015. At the international level, she has been a member of the USA women’s squads that won the ‘Gold’ medal at the Under-18 FIBA (Fédération Internationale de Basketball) Americas Championship in 2006, the FIBA Under-19 World Championship in 2007, and the 2009 World University Games. During the WNBA off-season, she has represented clubs around the world including Beşiktaş JK (2011) in Turkey, CCC Polkowice (2012) in Poland, Beretta Famila Schio (2012–2013, 2018-2019) in Italy, WBC Wisła Kraków (2013–2015) in Poland, Fenerbahçe Istanbul (2015–2017) in Turkey, and Yakın Doğu Üniversitesi (2017–2018) in Turkey.
Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States
Jantel had graduated from the Cleveland Central Catholic High School in 2006. She then joined The Ohio State University in 2007 and graduated from there in 2011.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Freddie Lavender
- Mother – Robin Lavender
- Siblings – Freddie Lavender Jr. (Brother) (College-level Basketball and Football Player), Jazmine Lavender (Twin Sister)
7 – Chicago Sky
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jantel has dated –
- Adam Ashley (2010-2011)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
Jantel Lavender Facts
- At the FIBA Under-19 World Championship in 2007, she had averaged 16 points per game which was the second-highest in the tournament.
- In the final match of the 2009 World University Games, against previously undefeated Russia, she had scored a crucial 14 points. Her stupendous performances for the United States at the representative youth levels led her to be picked 5th overall in the 1st round of the WNBA draft in 2011 by the Los Angeles Sparks.
- In both 2014 and 2015, with the Polish team WBC Wisła Kraków, she won both the Polish National League Championship and the Polish Cup. In both those years, she was named the Polish Cup ‘MVP’ (Most Valuable Player). In 2015, she was also named the Polish National League Championship MVP.
- With the Italian club Beretta Famila Schio, she won the Italian National League Championship in 2013.
- She completed the double of winning both the Turkish National League Championship and the Turkish Cup in 2016 with Fenerbahçe Istanbul. She won the Turkish Cup again in 2018, this time with Yakın Doğu Üniversitesi.
Featured Image by Jantel Lavender / Instagram