|Jason Mraz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 23, 1977|
Jason Mraz is an American guitarist, singer, and songwriter who has released several hit tracks. His discography includes albums, extended plays, and songs like Waiting for My Rocket to Come, We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things., Know., Yes!, Love Is a Four Letter Word, Mr. A–Z, Look for the Good, Life Is Good, I’m Yours, I Won’t Give Up, More than Friends (ft. Meghan Trainor), Have It All, and Geek in the Pink.
Jason Thomas Mraz
Mechanicsville, Virginia, United States
Jason attended Lee-Davis High School in Mechanicsville, Virginia and The American Musical and Dramatic Academy (AMDA) in New York.
Singer, songwriter, musician
- Father – Tom (Tomáš) Mraz
- Mother – June Tomes Mraz
- Siblings – Candace Mraz (Sister)
- Others – Frank George Mraz (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Helen Tiller (Paternal Grandmother), Frank Ellis Tomes (Maternal Grandfather), Willie Louise/Louisa Milburn (Maternal Grandfather)
He has been signed to –
- Bil Silva Management
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Pop-rock, alternative rock, blue-eyed soul, reggae, surf rock
Vocals, banjo, guitar, mandola, mandolin, piano, ukulele
Elektra, Atlantic, Interrabang, BMG
His net worth had been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 159 pounds
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Jason Mraz has dated –
- Sheridan Edley (2001) – In 2001, Jason was romantically linked to makeup artist, Sheridan Edley. They were also married briefly in 2001 but divorced afterward.
- Colbie Caillat (2008) – Jason had a fling with singer Colbie Caillat in September 2008.
- Vanessa Marano – He hooked up with actress Vanessa Marano when they were making music together.
- Tristan Prettyman (2009-2011) – The singers started dating in 2009. After dating for a reasonable amount of time, they engaged in December 2010 (just before Christmas). However, they broke off the engagement 6 months later.
- Christina Carano (2011-Present) – In 2011, he started dating Christina Carano and they got married on October 25, 2015, in a private ceremony in his hometown of Mechanicsville, Virginia.
Note – On July 19, 2018, in an article published by Billboard, Mraz stated that he has had romantic experiences with men, even while dating Carano.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Czech ancestry through his grandfather’s side. He also has English and German roots.
In an interview with the New York Post in August 2018, he confirmed that he identifies as bisexual.
- Often wears hat
- Quick-witted, clever, and fast-paced lyrics
- Performs barefoot (though infrequently)
Mraz has appeared in a number of commercials such as Overstock, Coca-Cola, and others.
In November 2011, he teamed up with Asus and Intel to announce a campaign titled “In the Search for incredible”, which encourages people to come up with their creative ideas.
Best Known For
His work in the music industry and hit singles such as The Remedy (I Won’t Worry) (2002), I’m Yours (2008) likewise.
Jason released his debut album titled Waiting for My Rocket to Come on October 15, 2002, by Elektra Records. The 50-minute long album charted at #55 in the USA and was certified as “Platinum” by RIAA. About 1 million copies of the albums were sold in the U.S.
First TV Show
In 2004, Jason appeared in the musical drama TV series American Dreams to play Dion in an episode titled “Stewart’s Charge”.
He likes to eat mostly vegan. He blogged about it that after eating vegan foods, he feels more productive and stronger, can think better, feels stronger while exercising. More at his blog.
Jason Mraz Favorite Things
- Food – Vital Green
- Cafe – Cafe Gratitude in LA
Source – Jason Mraz Official Website
Jason Mraz Facts
- Jason’s surname is in Czech. It is the Czech name for “frost”.
- Jason’s parents divorced when he was four years old.
- He was formerly a cheerleader.
- Jason is the owner of an avocado farm in Bonsall in Northern San Diego County.
- He is a gay-marriage advocate.
- Jason is the 2010 SIMA Humanitarian of the Year.
- He was featured in the Visit California promotional film in 2011, which aimed at increasing tourism from the UK.
- On April 13, 2012, he released his 4th studio album Love Is a Four Letter Word through Atlantic Records and it peaked at number #1 on the US Top Rock Albums (Billboard) chart, US Digital Albums (Billboard) chart, and Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Mraz supports a number of charities including Free the Children, Life Rolls On, MusiCares, Save The Music Foundation (of VH1), SPARC, Human Rights Campaign.
- He became the first international artist to perform publicly in Myanmar (Burma) on December 16, 2012.