|Javicia Leslie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3.5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 30, 1987|
Javicia Leslie is an American actress who is widely recognized for her performance in several films like Always a Bridesmaid (2019) where she essayed the part of Corina James and for her appearance in numerous TV shows such as the action-adventure television series MacGyver (2017–2018) where she played the role of Jesse Colton and the comedy-drama television series God Friended Me (2018–2020) in which she starred as Ali Finer.
Javicia Leslie Walker
She went to Hampton University and graduated from there.
She is represented by Stewart Talent.
5 ft 3.5 in or 161 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Mole on her neck
- Fuller lips
- Tattoos on her arms and chest
Javicia Leslie Favorite Things
- Food – Vegan, having often documented her recipes on Instagram including one for vegan gluten-free granola
- Belief – Many people are scared of what it takes to maximize their potential whereas on the other side of that mental block lies an expansive world of limitless opportunity so we need to do the work as it will be worth it
Javicia Leslie Facts
- She was born into a military family. Her family relocated to Maryland and she was raised there in Upper Marlboro.
- Javicia kickstarted her acting career at the age of 4 appearing in theatre productions and commercials. She has recalled that she loved acting and performing and as a kid, she would conjure up fantasy friends and live in an imaginary world, so she ended up playing with her imagination, believing in whatever the circumstances were. She also used to do plays and little talent shows with her cousin.
- When she was in college, she started doing the pageant circuit and she was crowned “Miss Hampton University” in 2007.
- Javicia is trained in Muay Thai, boxing, weapons, dance, track, as well as swimming and has regularly trained in an extensive fitness boot camp.
- She has revealed that her deep craving has been to be a source of hope for young African-American girls, her contribution being such that she would be mentioned in history books, her wish to have nothing to do with selfishness but having been there for exploring a way for expanding herself. Sharing how she was brought up by a single mother – the epitome of a powerful woman – she has reflected on how that has defined who she is and she has wanted other women to feel as powerful, beautiful, self-sufficient and confident, and has felt that to be a part of her purpose.
Featured Image by Javicia Leslie / Instagram