|Jayma Mays Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1979|
Jayma Mays is an American actress who is best known for playing Emma Pillsbury in the musical TV series Glee (2009-2015) for which she was nominated in the category of ‘Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series’ at the prestigious Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards for 4 years in succession (2009-2012); winning in 2009. She is also known for her roles in films such as Lucy Pervertski in Epic Movie (2007), Amy Anderson in Paul Blart: Mall Cop (2009), and Grace Winslow in The Smurfs (2011). Other than Glee, Jayma is well-recognized for her portrayal of Charlie Andrews in the drama TV series Heroes (2006-2010), Charlie in the comedy-drama TV series Ugly Betty (2007-2008), and Debbie in the sitcom The Millers (2013-2015).
Jamia Suzette Mays
Bristol, Sullivan County, Tennessee, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jayma had graduated from Grundy High School in 1997 and then attained an associate degree from Southwest Virginia Community College. After this, she joined Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University where she studied for a year before getting a transfer to Radford University where she studied theatre and trained in performing arts.
- Father – James Edwin Mays (Retired High School Teacher, Former worker in the Coal Mining Industry)
- Mother – Susan Paulette Mays (née Norris)
- Siblings – Jonathan Mays (Older Brother), Julia Mays (Older Sister)
- Others – Clarence Condal Mays, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Maude Dora Owens (Paternal Grandmother), John Paul Norris (Maternal Grandfather), Victoria Nebraska Burleson (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jayma has dated –
- Adam Campbell (2006–Present) – Jayma first met English actor Adam Campbell on the sets of the parody film titled Epic Movie where they were playing siblings. The couple began dating soon after and got married on October 28, 2007. They have a son together named Jude Jones (b. August 21, 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, Scottish, Welsh, and German descent.
- Petite frame
- Straight, neck-length hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
Jayma Mays Favorite Things
- School Subject – Mathematics
- Hobby – Singing
- TV Shows – The Golden Girls, The Smurfs
Source – IMDb
Jayma Mays Facts
- Born in Bristol, Tennessee, Jayma was brought up in Grundy, Virginia, where her family had relocated to when she was quite young. She completed all of her schooling and higher studies in the state of Virginia.
- When she was 15 years old, she was offered a job where she had to read obituaries for a local radio station.
- Her first acting role was a single-episode appearance in 2004 in the sitcom Joey which was a spin-off of the hit sitcom Friends, starring Matt LeBlanc in the lead role.
- She was featured in the music video for the American rock band Switchfoot‘s 2007 single titled Awakening.
- She made an appearance in a 2018 episode of the sitcom Great News with her husband Adam Campbell. The real-life couple played boyfriend-girlfriend in that episode.
Featured Image by Jayma Mays / Instagram