|Jehan Daruvala Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 1, 1998|
Jehan Daruvala is an Indian professional racing driver who came into the spotlight after being 1 among the 3 winners of the ‘One in a Billion Hunt’ talent search competition conducted by the Force India F1 team in 2011. He began competing in European single-seater championships and events from 2015 and stood 2nd at the 2016 Toyota Racing Series. He then finished the 2019 season of the FIA Formula 3 Championship, his first season in the championship, in 3rd place. The performance garnered him attention enough for Carlin Motorsport to invite him to participate in the FIA Formula 2 Championship in the 2020 season. In February 2020, he was also selected as a member of the renowned Red Bull Junior Team, a driver development program that has produced talents such as Sebastian Vettel, Daniel Ricciardo, and Max Verstappen; drivers who have all excelled in the premier Formula One tier.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
He splits his time between Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, and London, England, United Kingdom.
Jehan had attended the Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, a private school in Mumbai.
Professional Racing Driver
- Father – Khurshed Daruvala (Business Executive)
- Mother – Kainaz Daruvala
- Siblings – Delna Daruvala (Older Sister)
He is represented by Hushad Khan, Manager, Cornerstone Sports and Entertainment, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
8 – Formula 2
Formula 2 Teams
Jehan has raced for –
- Carlin Motorsport (2020)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jehan has dated –
- Maia Shroff (2016-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Parsi descent.
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
- Short-cropped hair
- Has a mole under his left eye
Jehan Daruvala Favorite Things
- F1 Driver/Role Model – Fernando Alonso
- Car – Lamborghini Aventador
- Restaurant Chain – Shake Shack
- Fast Food – Burgers
- Actor – Sidharth Malhotra
Source – Man’s World India
Jehan Daruvala Facts
- He began his career with karting and racked up a stellar record in the sport in the next 4 years. He started by winning the 2010 Micro Max Rookie Cup & National Championship and the 2011 Malaysian Junior Yamaha title.
- In 2012, he became the 1st Indian to win an FIA title when he triumphed at the CIK FIA Asia Pacific KF3 Championship. The following year, he became the 1st Indian to win a racing title in Europe when he won the British Super One KF3 Championship. He also stood 3rd at the 2014 CIK FIA World Karting Championship.
- When he won at the Norisring circuit in the 2017 FIA Formula 3 European Championship, he became the 1st Indian driver to win an FIA F3 race.
- In the 2019 FIA Formula 3 Championship, he had won 2 races and finished on the podium 7 times. He was comfortably placed at number 2 in the overall standings throughout the season but a poor last race, where he finished 14th, meant that he ended the season in 3rd position, conceding the 2nd place by just one point to his teammate Marcus Armstrong.
- When he was inducted into the British Racing Drivers’ Club’s (BRDC) ‘Rising Stars Programme’, he became just the 2nd Indian driver after Karun Chandhok to earn that honor.
Featured Image by Jehan Daruvala / Instagram