|Jemimah Rodrigues Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||September 5, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jemimah Rodrigues is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented her country in both the limited-overs versions of the sport (ODIs and T20Is), as a middle-order batter. A teen prodigy, she had made her international debut for India in February 2018, as a 17-year-old, in a T20I match against South Africa. In the Indian domestic circuit, she has played for her home city of Mumbai across all 3 formats. A destructive batter in the shorter formats of the sport, she has represented Trailblazers (2018) and Supernovas (2019-Present) in the Women’s T20 Challenge, an annual Indian T20 tournament that began in 2018 as a special event to showcase women’s cricket during the IPL (Indian Premier League). In 2019, she had also turned out for the Yorkshire Diamonds in the KSL (Kia Super League).
Jemimah Ivan Rodrigues
Jemi, Lil’ J
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Jemimah had attended the St. Joseph’s Convent High School, Mumbai, an all-girls school in Vile Parle, Mumbai. After her high school graduation, she had joined the Rizvi College of Arts, Science, and Commerce, in Bandra West, Mumbai.
- Father – Ivan Rodrigues (Sports Coach)
- Mother – Lavita Rodrigues
- Siblings – Enoch Rodrigues (Older Brother), Eli Rodrigues (Older Brother)
She is represented by Baseline Ventures, Sports Marketing, Entertainment & Brand Licensing Company, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Right-Arm Off Break
5 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Supernovas (Women’s T20 Challenge), Yorkshire Diamonds (KSL)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Cheerful smile
Jemimah Rodrigues Facts
- She had started playing cricket from the age of 4. Her father, a sports coach, had recognized her talent early and had decided to shift the family to Bandra West, an area of Mumbai that has access to the best of cricket training and practice facilities. She had grown up bowling to her brothers and her father was instrumental in her cricketing development. He was a junior coach in her school and had started the girls’ cricket team at her school.
- A multi-skilled sporting talent, she is also highly adept in field hockey and was selected in the under-17 and under-19 hockey teams of her state, Maharashtra. She has often stated that her hockey skills have been invaluable as they have helped her improve her power-hitting when it comes to cricket. The skills are transferrable as the bottom hand that generates the sped of a hockey stick also allows a cricket batter to generate maximum force while going for the big hits. She was picked for the state’s under-19 cricket team when she was only 13 years old.
- In June 2018, she was honored by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) with the Jagmohan Dalmiya Award in the category of ‘Best Domestic Junior Women’s Cricketer’. The award was presented to her by legendary Indian cricketer MS Dhoni.
- She is the 2nd female cricketer, after Smriti Mandhana, to score a double century in a 50-over match.
- In February 2023, Jemimah was sold to Delhi Capitals for INR 2.2 crore in the first-ever Women’s Premier League (WPL) auction held in Mumbai.
Featured Image by Jemimah Rodrigues / Instagram