Jennifer Eve Garth
Urbana, Illinois, U.S.
- Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, California
- Also owns a ranch in Santa Ynez Valley, Santa Barbara, California
She studied at Greenway High School in Phoenix, Arizona and transferred to Apollo High School in the same city in her sophomore year (10th Grade).
Jennie started modeling and taking dance lessons at the age of 13.
While still in school, Jennie was discovered by a Hollywood talent scout, Randy James at a local event in her city. After signing up with him, Jennie began auditioning for shows while training under a local acting coach, Jean Fowler. Determined to get her acting career started, Jennie dropped out of high school in the junior year (11th grade) and relocated to Los Angeles with her mother.
Later on, she fulfilled her remaining high school credits by taking an equivalency exam to get her high school diploma while living in the state of California.
Actress, Executive Producer, Photographer
- Father – John Garth (Photographer, School Administrator) (Expired in 2008)
- Mother – Carolyn Garth née Hutts (Teacher)
- Siblings – Charles Parker aka Chuck (Older Brother), Lynn Borchers (Older Sister), John W Garth aka Johnny (Older Brother), Lisa Adams (Older Sister), Cammie Clark (Older Sister), Wendy Garth (Older Sister)
Randy James manages Jennie Garth.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennie Garth has dated –
- Daniel aka Dan B. Clark (1991–1996) – Jennie saw her first husband when his struggling band named Tongues and Tails was playing at a coffee house in April 1991. Their mutual attraction got stronger with time and the rocker/musician proposed to Jennie in December 1991. The couple was married for two years from 1993 to 1995 before their union ended in divorce.
- Peter Facinelli (1995–2012) – Jennie met the fellow actor, Peter Facinelli while filming the TV movie, The Unfinished Affair (1996). Peter and Jennie got married in January 2001. Her husband filed for divorce in March 2012 which was finalized in June 2013. Together, the couple has 3 daughters named Luca Bella (b. June 1997), Lola Ray (b. December 2002) and Fiona Eve (b. September 2006).
- Antonio Bellatore (2012) – After putting in considerable time to grieve the end of her marriage, Jennie got her life together, lost weight and started dating men casually at first. She was first spotted on a dinner date with HGTV design star and animal lover, Antonio Bellatore.
- Noah Abrams (2012) – The media speculated that Jennie’s relationship with celebrity photographer, Noah Abrams was her first serious relationship post-divorce as the couple was frequently spotted strolling hand in hand on the streets of LA. Jennie continued to see other men while dating Noah and the couple never dated exclusively.
- Jason Clark (2012) – In October 2012, Jennie was spotted on a dinner date with a new man named Jason. At that time, he served as a Managing Director of a Healthcare solutions company in Los Angeles.
- Jeremy Salken (2012–2013) – The actress was reported to be dating Jeremy Salken in 2012, who worked as a drummer for the electronica duo called Big Gigantic. Their relationship lasted for quite a few months as Jennie and Jeremy spent New Year’s Eve together in Chicago and Jennie shared a photo of them together on Instagram.
- Michael Shimbo (2013) – Jennie dated the CEO of a travel channel called Planes Traines + Automobiles for 3 months before breaking up with him in November 2013.
- David aka Dave Abrams (2014–2018) – Dave is not related to Jennie’s ex-boyfriend Noah. He is also an actor with a minor body of work to his credit as compared to Jennie. The couple met each other on a blind date and became inseparable ever since. After 9 months of dating, they announced their engagement in April 2015. They got married in an intimate ceremony at Jennie’s farmhouse in July 2015. But, this relationship also an end when they split in 2017. They applied for divorce in April 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Possibly might have English, Irish, and German ancestry.
- Deep set aquamarine eyes
- Sandy Blonde hair and light flimsy eyebrows
- Frequently changing appearance due to fluctuating body weight
- Jennie did a print ad for Wish-Bone Salad Dressings as a part of their $25,000 Kitchen Makeover contest in 2004.
- In 2007 and 2008, she was a part of an infomercial for Wen Healthy Hair Care System.
- She was a part of the print ad campaign for Hidden Valley Original Ranch light dressing that corresponded with her “Garden Party” vegetable cuisine digital web series in 2010.
- Jennie appeared in the infomercial for Keurig Vue beverage brewer (2012).
- She has done a series of TV commercials for Old Navy apparel (2012).
- Religious views imparted to Jennie during her upbringing are unknown.
- She converted to Catholicism before marrying her second husband Peter Facinelli.
- After the divorce, she stopped following Catholicism and simply deemed herself spiritual.
Best Known For
Playing the main role of Kelly Taylor in Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990–2000) franchise that set off a series of TV spin-offs in continuation of the storyline.
Cast in a minor role of Sharon Penn for the low budget thriller Power 98 in 1996.
First TV Show
Played the character of Denise in one episode of Growing Pains in 1989.
- Although Jennie quickly regained her fitness after the birth of her 3 daughters, the end of her second marriage put her in depression. Weight gain was one of its side effects.
- After she turned 40, Jennie took up personal training to re-introduce herself to healthy eating habits and exercise to lose 30 pounds in 6 months. A busy life that comprised of a hectic travel and work schedule made her regain some of that weight again towards the end of 2016 and first half of 2017.
- Since Jennie’s third husband is 9 years younger than her, the actress quickly got back on the fitness wagon, so she could keep up with him and her 3 daughters. When staying at her farmhouse in Santa Barbara, Jennie visits Cold Iron Barbell gym in Solvang 3 times a week for full body circuit training which involves flipping tires, push-ups, jumping rope, deadlifts, sprints etc.
- While living in the city, Jennie works out every day with alternating intensity. She visits the gym every other day for strength training. Follows a high-intensity session of kickboxing and plyometric movements 3 times a week and balances it out with hiking during active rest days.
- Jennie follows a gluten-free diet and subscribes to no-boxed-no-canned-food. Apart from salads made of fresh fruits and vegetables, Jennie frequently consumes Greek Yogurt, Salmon, Grilled chicken, Avocado and coconut water.
- She replaced sour cream and mayonnaise with Fage Yogurt for dressing and marinating. Jennie has taken up sugar-free baking for indulging and shares pictures of her homemade goodies on Instagram.
- Formerly, the actress admitted to attempting several forms of extreme dieting such as Atkins, the HCG diet, cleanses and fasting with colonics to lose weight. She explained that these shortcuts helped her lose up to 18 pounds within a few days but she gained it right back very quickly.
Jennie Garth Favorite Things
- Destination For Weekend Getaway – Cabo San Lucas
- Mode Of Transport – Train, Boat
- Vacation Spots – Tropical Islands such as Tulum (Mexico), Bali, Maldives, etc
- Place Of Residence – Malibu, Aspen
- Cities – Los Angeles, Austin, San Francisco
- Guilty Pleasures While On Vacation – Bread, Cheese, Macaroons
- Color – Black, Yellow
- Season – Spring
- Dessert – White Chocolate
- Everyday Makeup Item For Lips – Tarte’s Lipsurgence Tint (Coral color)
- Perfume – Jus d’Amour
- Natural Healthy Beverage – Coconut Water
- Ways To Unwind And Relax – Hot baths, Meditation, Smelling Roses
- Makeup Style – Smokey Eyes
- Health Food – Avocado
- Beauty Product Brand – Pantene Expert line
- Actress – Jessica Lange
Jennie Garth Facts
- As a child, Jennie’s sisters nicknamed her Puddles because she would cry a lot to get her way. She was also called Casper because she was extremely pale and fair.
- She aspired to attend college and run her own dance studio thereafter, but a chance meeting with a Hollywood talent agent completely altered her professional goals.
- Her first job was as a nail artist while she was still in high school.
- She claims to be an excellent driver who can even drive a 40-foot recreational vehicle through any city.
- Jennie was paired with Derek Hough to compete in season 5 of Dancing with the Stars and finished fourth, eliminated after semi-finals.
- The actress found so much fame after playing the iconic character of Kelly Taylor in Beverly Hills, 90210 that she developed severe anxiety about doing everyday things that required interaction with strangers such as shopping for clothes and groceries.
- In 2014, she published a memoir titled Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde to share some of the defining moments of her life.
- She has an elaborate rose tattoo on her hip that spreads right to the front of her thigh.
- Jennie’s father suffered from heart disease (arterial sclerosis) since his late 30s and Jennie carried a heart condition all her life as well. She has a leaky valve in her heart.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by The Heart Truth / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0