Sofia Vergara is one of those sexy bombshells who inspire people to hit the gym and get fitter. But the fact is that she doesn’t do too many hard core exercises and loves indulging at times. Shocked? Learn about her workout routine and exercise preferences over here. You can also gain some tips from Jennifer Yates, Sofia’s trainer that would help you to remain on the fitness track and even get back to it after you have overindulged a bit.
While talking to Marie Claire recently, Jennifer revealed all the fitness secrets of Sofia. She works out from 5 to 7 days a week if her filming routine is not too hectic. But it’s not necessary for you to workout that hard. You can even do a few days every week. Remember that, rest days are important and she has them too. If you workout extra hard and enjoy no rest days, you will exhaust the muscles and become more prone to getting injured.
Walking Over Running
The model doesn’t like to run, so she walks on the treadmill at a high incline. It helps to build muscle in legs and butt. She often opts for getting on a spin bike but that too lasts for just 15 minutes. You should walk anywhere between six to eight percent incline and opt for a speed where you don’t jog but get slightly out of breath.
Loving the Curves
Vergara likes her curves and she takes care of them by spinning and walking. The latter is very effective for her.
The workout routine of the stunning actress keeps on changing. She does butt exercises twice a week as she likes to focus on that area. She also does upper body and abdominal exercises a couple of times a week.
No Gym Exercises
If you hate the gym, then the fitness expert suggests you to use your body weight to exercise. You can do crunches. Sofia prefers them during the red carpet season. You can also do planks. Consider buying a cheap resistance band for exercising as well.
Some people can exercise more than others. If you think you can exercise only for 2 or 3 times a week, you should stick to it. At least, try to do two sessions of 15 minutes each. One could be walking and another one could be working your core. While exercising, your focus should be on staying active as it helps you to avoid stress and stay healthy. The aim should never be just to lose weight or look a certain way.
Squats are Great
If you are seeking a simple exercise that works wonders, you should opt for squats. The Colombian-American actress does a lot of squats. Doing 25 squats is good enough for beginners as they help you to start gaining strength.
Sofia’s Favorite Moves
The Modern Family (2009-Present) actress likes to do exercises that work her butt. It includes all the exercises of the Lagree Fitness Method (lagreefitness.com) like squats, runner’s lunge, bungee, and skating. During Awards season, she lays special emphasis on the upper back exercises which include chest opener, sexy back, swimmer, shoulder press and mega lat rows. At the end of every session of upper back exercises, a reverse plank should be done for two or three minutes as it targets the shoulders and abdominal muscles.
Jennifer Yates, who founded the indoor cycling and Pilates spot Studio Metamorphosis wants you to never deprive yourself of any food you want. It could be anything from a cupcake to a pizza. Just remember to have only a slice of pizza in a few days or just one small cupcake. Overindulging would do you no good. Stick to a healthy diet during the weekdays and indulge on the weekends. It will keep things balanced.
How to Get Back on Track after Overindulging?
If you have overindulged recently, then the former ballerina suggests you try the three amazing ideas listed over here:
- Be Consistent: You can get back on track by doing exercises at least three to four times a week. You can try the Lagree method devised by Jennifer herself. Also eat brightly colored organic foods like apples, squash, green salads and sweet potatoes. Adding some lean protein to your diet is smart as it will keep you on the right path by nourishing your body. Also, try portion control and eat every two or three hours. It will speed up our metabolism rate.
- Hydrate: Drink enough water to keep your body at its best and facilitate the process of fat burning. The amount of water you must drink (in ounces) should be decided by multiplying your weight (in pounds) by two-thirds. You should add 12 ounces of water for every 30 minutes of exercise.
- Take Rest: You must get at least 7 or 8 hours of sleep daily. It will reduce anxiety, stress and will promote proper hormonal function.
How to Exercise Consistently?
Falling off the wagon is part of life. Yates wants you not to stress about it too much, reports Racked. You should be kind to your body and mind and stay positive. Remember that tomorrow is a new day. If you often find excuses to not exercise, here are a few things that might help to stay consistent with your fitness routine.
- Join a Group Fitness Class: The atmosphere and the support system you get in a group fitness class will keep your morale boosted. A good instructor would help you to get motivated and challenged so that you can achieve all your fitness goals.
- Workout with a Friend: Working out with someone will make you more accountable and you will have a positive support system. In turn, you will have a lot of fun while talking about the calories you burned or how sore you feel post workout. Working out with a bestie will also make you happier and the workouts a bit easier. So, you must go for it!