|Jeremy Clarkson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 11, 1960|
|Eye Color||Light Blue|
Jeremy Clarkson is an English writer, broadcaster, and journalist who bases his work on motoring. He is very well known for being a co-presenter on the BBC TV show Top Gear. He began his career as a journalist in England in the 1980s, but then became very popular when he started presenting in the television series Top Gear in the year 1988. Although Jeremy Clarkson is very much interested and bases mainly on motoring, he has also done several works including books and programs on other fields such as engineering and history.
Jeremy Clarkson has been presenting on his own shows since the 1990s and even became a recognized public personality during the period. He is well known for his talk show which he hosted from 1998-2000, titled Clarkson. He had a fallout with BBC in 2015 due to a dispute with one of the producers of Top Gear. This led to the BBC not renewing his contract. After he left, he went ahead to form the production company W. Chump & Sons along with Andy Wilman, who was also a Top Gear presenter. The company produced The Grand Tour for Amazon video. Jeremy is well known for being very sarcastic in his writing and presentation, and his actions are known to receive a lot of criticism from politicians, media, and the general public.
Jeremy Charles Robert Clarkson
Doncaster, West Riding of Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
- Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom
- Langness, Isle of Man
Jeremy Clarkson attended Hill House School in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England. He also attended Repton School in Repton, Derby, Derbyshire, England.
Journalist, Presenter, Columnist, Writer
- Father – Edward Grenville Clarkson (Traveling Salesman)
- Mother – Shirley Gabrielle Clarkson (Teacher)
- Siblings – Joanna Higton (Sister)
- Others – Mark Porter (Cousin) (Doctor)
There’s not much information about Jeremy Clarkson’s manager, but his wife, Frances Cain Clarkson was his manager before they got married in 1993.
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
107 kg or 236 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jeremy Clarkson has dated –
- Alexandra James (1983-1990) – Jeremy Clarkson began dating Alexandra James in 1983. They got married in September 1989. Just 6 months after the wedding, their marriage collapsed. Alexandra dumped her husband for one of his wedding guests who was also his best friend, Stephen Hall.
- Frances Cain Clarkson (1993) – In May 1993, Jeremy Clarkson married his manager, Frances Cain in Fulham. They live in the town of Chipping Norton, situated in the Cotswolds, with their 3 children – daughters Emily and Katya, and a son named Finio.
- Elaine Bedell (2002) – In 2002, there was a rumor started by a red-top tabloid which said that Jeremy Clarkson had been seen passionately kissing television producer Elaine Bedell in a car and both of them were also photographed cuddling in a doorway.
- Phillipa Sage (2011) – In 2011, when the Clarkson family arrived in Barbados, a story broke out that the Top Gear presenter was allegedly having an affair with Phillipa Sage, a 42-year-old events organizer. She was among the entourage of Clarkson’s international Top Gear Live Show.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
Due to advancing age, gray hair strands are visible on his head.
- Very tall
- Deep voice
- His unique style of delivery
Jeremy Clarkson has done endorsement work for brands such as Power Tool Drag Racing car.
Best Known For
- Co-presenting the BBC TV show Top Gear with Richard Hammond and James May
- Hosting his own talk show, Clarkson and also hosting Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? for ITV
- Writing weekly columns for The Sunday Times and The Sun
As a voice actor, Jeremy Clarkson made his theatrical film debut in the role of Harv in the movie Cars in 2006.
First TV Show
Jeremy Clarkson made his first TV show appearance as Himself on Top Gear in 1988.
Jeremy Clarkson Favorite Things
- Film – Butch Cassidy, Sundance Kid (1969), Local Hero (1983), Battle of Britain (1969)
- Rock Bands – Supertramp, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Curved Air
- Albums – Rumors by Fleetwood Mac, Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd, Crime of the Century by Supertramp
Jeremy Clarkson Facts
- He is well known for his very outspoken nature and he always voices his opinions even though it almost always generates a variety of reactions from the general public.
- Jeremy’s houses at the South end of Langness Peninsula in Derbyhaven, Isle of Man, are lighthouse cottages.
- He personally dislikes diesel-fueled cars, so he calls them “Diseasel”.
- Jeremy is well versed in the knowledge of British road names and their numbers.
- He claims that he is allergic to cats and James May.
- Jeremy Clarkson’s career began as a reporter for the Rotherham Advertiser newspaper where he reported very interesting topics like large vegetable competitions and court proceedings.
- When Jeremy Clarkson was younger, he acted in the BBC radio adaptations of Anthony Buckeridge’s Jennings novels.
- He is a journalist and television presenter who majors in motoring.
- When Jeremy was collecting his honorary degree conferred to him by Oxford Brookes University for his services to engineering, he was hit in the face with a pie by a protester.
- In his presentations, he usually references Coming of Age (2007), a BBC 3 sitcom.
- Jeremy was in attendance for Margaret Thatcher’s funeral service at St Paul’s Cathedral.
- In 2004, Jeremy Clarkson took part in a show known as Who Do You Think You Are? where he tried to trace his ancestors. He discovered that one of his ancestors invented the Kilner jar (a type of storage jar).
- Contrary to what everyone believed about Jeremy, he came out in favor of Britain remaining in the European Union (EU).
- He drives a Volkswagen Golf GTI and has owned several cars such as Mercedes-Benz 600 Grosser, BMW M3 CSL, Honda CR-X, Ford GT, Ferrari F355, Porsche 911 Carrera, Ford focus, Reliant Robin, and several others.
- His mother, Shirley Clarkson owned the company that produces Paddington Bear toy, which makes him the first owner of the toy, along with his sister.
- Jeremy’s first job ever was traveling with his parents as a salesman, helping them sell Paddington Bear toys.
- His parents put his name down in advance for private schools, not knowing how they were going to pay for it. They later got the money to send him to school through the sales of the bear toys.
- Jeremy Clarkson was expelled from Repton School for smoking, drinking, and carrying out various disturbing acts on school premises.
- Jeremy attended Repton School along with Andy Wilman and Adrian Newey.
- Clarkson’s dress sense was labeled by Susannah Constantine and Trinny Woodall as that of a market trader. They made him appear on their makeover show of What Not To Wear so one wouldn’t be considered as a recipient for their all-time worst dressed winner award. They tried to change Jeremy’s appearance but he stated that he would never be on their show again.
- In 2007, Jeremy Clarkson won the Special Recognition Award at the National Television Awards. He also won the RTS Television Award as “Best Presenter” in 1998 for his work in the original format Top Gear.
- In 2007, Jeremy Clarkson and James May were the first people to go to the North Magnetic Pole in a car. They had it all shown in Top Gear: Polar Special.
- Follow Jeremy Clarkson on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Jeremy Clarkson / Instagram