|Jérôme Boateng Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jérôme Boateng is a German professional footballer who is best known for having served as a center-back for Ligue 1 club Lyon. He has also played for several other clubs such as Hertha BSC II, Hamburger SV, Manchester City, and Bayern Munich as well as the German under-19 and under-17 national teams. He also played for Germany’s under-21 international team and with the team, he won the 2009 UEFA European Under-21 Championship. Jérôme has participated in a variety of championships such as the UEFA European Championship Team of the Tournament, FIFA Club World Cup, UEFA Champions League, and many more.
Jérôme Agyenim Boateng
Berlin, West Germany
Boateng attended secondary school in his hometown in Germany.
- Father – Prince Boateng
- Mother – Martina Boateng
- Siblings – Kevin-Prince Boateng (Older Half-Brother) (Professional Footballer), Avelina Boateng (Sister), George Boateng (Older Brother) (Rapper / Musician)
Jerome is signed with SAM SPORTS.
Defender / Centre Back
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
90 kg or 198½ lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jerome Boateng has dated –
- Sherin Senler – Jerome Boateng was previously engaged to Sherin Senler. Together, the couple has two twin girls named Soley and Lamia, born on March 8, 2011. The couple later separated. However, they reunited again in November 2013 and broke up again after some time.
- Gina-Lisa Lohfink – Jerome was rumored to be dating model Gina-Lisa Lohfink in the past. However, they both denied the rumors.
- Kasia Lenhardt – In 2019, he started dating model Kasia Lenhardt. In February 2021, after a public argument, Lenhardt crashed Boateng’s Mini Cooper and was later charged with DUI. The couple later revealed that they were separating. In February 2021, Kasia was found dead in her apartment in Berlin.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ghanaian descent on his father’s side while he has German ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Towering height
- Muscular body
Jerome Boateng’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Boateng has been endorsed by the sportswear brands such as Nike, JBL, and PlayStation.
He has also appeared in TV adverts for Unisport, Edel-Optics, Philips, etc.
Best Known For
Being a very strong and powerful center-back with extraordinary physical strength and athleticism.
First Football Match
Jerome played his first official match for Hertha BSC against Hannover 96 during the 2006-2007 season.
Boateng had his debut for Manchester City on September 25, 2010 in a 1-0 win over Chelsea.
On July 27, 2011, Jerome debuted for Bayern Munich in a match of the Audi Cup 2011 against A.C. Milan.
He first performed in a league match as a member of Bayern on August 6, 2011 against Borussia Monchengladbach.
Boa played his first official match for the national team of Germany on October 10, 2009 against Russia.
- Aerial Duels
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Jerome performed in a TV series documentary called Das aktuelle Sportstudio in 2010 as himself.
Jerome Boateng’s workout and diet routine are not known.
Jerome Boateng Favorite Things
- Food – Rice with chicken breast filet in a mustard-cream sauce
- Drink – Sprite, Red Bull
Source – FCBayern.com
Jerome Boateng Facts
- Boa began his career in the youth categories of Tennis Borussia Berlin and then shifted to Hertha BSC in 2002.
- He was called to the first team of Hertha BSC on January 31, 2007.
- In the summer of 2007, German media connected Boateng with a possible transfer to another Bundesliga team, Hamburger SV. That was the biggest reason why Jerome didn’t extend his contract with Hertha for five more years.
- Jerome was part of the German national team who competed at the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- On June 5, 2010, Boateng penned a five-year deal with the English Premier League club Manchester City for a price of 10.4 million British pounds. While in Manchester, Boa wore a shirt with his favorite number 17.
- Boa’s hobbies include listening to music, traveling, playing tennis, and spending time with friends.
- Although his father is from Ghana, Jerome has never visited the country.
- In September 2021, Jerome was found guilty of assaulting his ex-girlfriend, Sherin Senler, while on holiday in the Caribbean in 2018 and was later fined €1.8 million.
- He competed for the U-17, U-19, and U-21 national teams of Germany. Jerome won the 2009 UEFA European Championship with the U-21 German squad.