|Joe Buck Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1969|
Joe Buck is an American sportscaster, author, and TV host, best known for his long career with Fox Sports. His role as a lead play-by-play announcer for NFL, USGA, and MLB games earned him numerous awards, including at least 10 Sports Emmy Awards in the 1990s and 2000s. He started covering NFL games in 1994, MLB games in 1996, and his USGA games coverage in 2014. In addition, he has also won the “National Sportscaster of the Year” award given by NSMA numerous times. Joe was also a co-author of an autobiography/memoir, Lucky Bastard, which was published in November 2016 and also hosted his own TV show, Undeniable with Joe Buck (2015-2019).
Joseph Francis Buck
St. Petersburg, Florida, United States
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
He attended St. Louis Country Day School in Ladue, St. Louis, Missouri, United States.
Joe also attended Indiana University Bloomington in Bloomington, Indiana, United States, but didn’t graduate.
Sportscaster, TV Host, Author
- Father – John Francis “Jack” Buck (Sportscaster) (Died in 2002)
- Mother – Carole Lintzenich
- Siblings – Julie (Sister)
- Others – Beverly (Half-Sister), Jack Jr. (Older Half-Brother), Christine (Half-Sister), Bonnie (Half-Sister), Betsy (Half-Sister), Danny (Older Half-Brother), Earle Henry Buck (Paternal Grandfather), Kathleen Eleanor Fox (Paternal Grandmother), Frank L. Buck (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Mary Lulah Blake (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Jas F. Lintzenich (Maternal Grandfather), Lillie (Maternal Grandmother)
Joe Buck is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Talent Agent Hosting) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Kovert Creative (Publicist) in Santa Monica, California, United States
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe Buck has dated –
- Ann Archambault (1993-2011) – On January 23, 1993, he married Ann Archambault. He had 2 daughters with her named Trudy and Natalie, before divorcing her in 2011.
- Michelle Beisner (2014-Present) – He married the former Denver Broncos cheerleader and actress, Michelle Beisner on April 14, 2014. On April 26, 2018, his wife gave birth to twin boys named Blake Andrew Buck and Wyatt Joseph Buck.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German, Irish, and English descent.
Due to advancing age, his hair has turned ‘Salt and Pepper’.
- Towering height
- Dimpled chin
- Sculpted facial features
Joe Buck Facts
- His dad wanted to become a sportscaster from a young age and Joe was influenced by his passion. He also admitted he “wasn’t the smartest kid” but always recognized that people were drawn to his dad, which he also sought to achieve.
- As of November 2019, Joe Buck and his dad, Jack Buck are the only father and son to call play-by-play telecasts of Super Bowl.
- When he was hired by Fox Sports in 1994 at the age of 25, Joe became the youngest man ever to announce a regular amount of NFL games on the network.
- He read the eulogy at his dad’s funeral in June 2002. After his death, Joe would often use his dad’s phrase “We’ll see you tomorrow night!” to sign off.
- When Cardinals won the 2006 World Series, he used his dad’s phrase “For the first time since 1982, St. Louis has a World Series winner!”, which Jack spoke when Cardinals won in 1982.
- In his 2016 autobiography, he admitted that he was a hair plug addict. He had as little as 8 surgeries throughout his career, the 1st one at the age of 24.
- Joe also admitted in his book that he was too ashamed to reveal that one of the hair plug procedures pressured his left vocal cord nerve in 2011 and he lost the ability to speak. Instead, at that time, he falsely stated that a virus paralyzed his vocal cords.
- Despite it not being his main area of interest, on February 12, 2013, Joe commented a hockey game in the NHL for around 5 minutes. The game was between St. Louis Blues and Los Angeles Kings.
Featured Image by Joe Buck / Instagram