|Joe Gilgun Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 9, 1984|
Joe Gilgun is a well distinguished English actor who is best known for being cast in This Is England ’88 (2011), Emmerdale (2006-2010), and Coronation Street (1994-1997). He has also starred in several films such as The Last Witch Hunter (2015), Pride (2014), Screwed (2011), and Lockout (2012). Joe is, however, recognized for being a heartfelt Irish alcoholic Vampire named Cassidy on AMC‘s Preacher since 2016.
Joseph William Gilgun
Chorley, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
Joe studied at Rivington Voluntary Aided Primary School. Later, he graduated from Southlands High School. After that, he started going to Runshaw College where he pursued a degree in fashion but dropped out.
He also attended acting classes at the Laine Johnson Theatre School as well as the Oldham Theatre Workshop.
- Father – Andrew Gilgun
- Mother – Judith Gilgun
- Siblings – Jennie Gilgun (Younger Sister), Rosie Gilgun (Younger Sister)
Joe is represented by –
- Madeleine Dewhirst & Sian Smyth of Hamilton Hodell
- Peikoff Mahan (Legal Agents)
6 ft or 183 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe has dated –
- Vicky McClure (2011) – Co-stars Joe Gilgun and Vicky McClure were a love interest of one another on the TV series of This Is England. However, in an interview with The Independent, he stated that a fight scene with Andrew Shim (Milky) on This Is England ’88 (2011) about his affair with Vicky actually turned out to be quite real. During that time, there had also been rumors that the duo was dating off-set as well.
Race / Ethnicity
Joe has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of an Irish alcoholic Vampire named Cassidy on AMC‘s Preacher since 2016
- Being cast in This Is England ’88 (2011), Emmerdale (2006-2010), and Coronation Street (1994-1997)
- Starring in several films such as the Last Witch Hunter (2015), Pride (2014), Screwed (2011), and Lockout (2012)
Joe made his theatrical film debut as Richard Woodford in This Is England in 2006.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Jamie Armstrong in Coronation Street in 1994.
Joe Gilgun Favorite Things
- Part To Film On Preacher’s Season 2 Episode (Mumbai Sky Tower) – When he and actor Tom Brooke danced in the hot tub.
- Actor – Daniel Day-Lewis
Joe Gilgun Facts
- During his teenage years, he started smoking weed and found it be quite comforting.
- Growing up, he enjoyed playing Call Of Duty.
- Joe is a dedicated actor who prefers to go to bed by 9 and arrive at the set on time.
- He started to lose his hair at a very young age due to his depression.
- A girl once broke up with Joe for being bald and rather confused.
- Prior to being cast on Preacher, Joe lived in an attic for quite some time.
- Joe was quite young when he was diagnosed with dyslexia and ADHD.
- He was 10 years old when he started acting in Coronation Street in 1994. However, at the age of 13, he left the show after actress Tracy Brabin who played his mother on the show quit.
- After taking a break from acting during the ’90s, he worked as a plasterer and also sold drugs for a living.
- When he was asked to play the role of a vampire on Preacher, he refused at first, as the first thing that came to his mind was the looks of the vampires in Twilight. He did not want to be a sexy kind of vampire and an unsexy character is what he got.
- As a child, he did not show much interest in comics but he enjoyed watching cartoons like Sharky & George (1990-1992), The Pink Panther (1969-1979), and Thundercats (1985-1988).
- He once wet himself after being put into a hole while filming a scene for Preacher.
- Joe is a man who dislikes technology, even phones.
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image By Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0