|Johanna Konta Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 17, 1991|
Johanna Konta is a British professional tennis player who represented Australia until 2012 and has won four singles titles on the WTA Tour as well as 11 singles and four doubles titles on the ITF Women’s Circuit. She has reached the semifinals of the Australian Open, Wimbledon, and the French Open and on July 17, 2017, she reached her best singles ranking of world No. 4.
Eastbourne, England, United Kingdom
Professional Tennis Player
Right Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
- Father – Gabor Konta (Hotelier)
- Mother – Gabriella Konta (Dentist)
- Siblings – Emese Konta (Older Sister) (Works in fashion)
- Others – Tamas Kertesz (Grandfather) (Played football for Ferencvarosi TC and won two international caps with the national team of Hungary in the 1950s. He also worked as a coach of Ghana national team)
Johanna Konta has been signed with the Women’s Tennis Association, Association, St. Petersburg, Florida, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $4 Million.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Johanna Konta has dated –
- Kether Clouder – Johanna is in a relationship with Kether Clouder who works for Hawk-Eye.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Hungarian descent.
- Tall body frame (5 ft 11 in)
- Oval facial shape
36-25-37 in or 91.5-63.5-94 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
Konta has been sponsored by Asics and Babolat.
Best Known For
Getting ranked at no.13 on the official WTA list on August 1, 2016.
Johanna has been trained by numerous trainers. She first worked out at the Sanchez-Casal Academy in Barcelona and then moved to Roddick Lavalle Academy in Texas. In January 2011, Konta began training at the Weybridge Tennis Academy in England where she was coached by Justin Sherring.
Then, from 2012 to 2014, she was trained at the National Tennis Academy in Roehampton with Julien Picot. In August 2014, Johanna began training with Esteban Carril and in the initial months of 2015, she added the Spaniard Jose-Manuel Garcia to her coaching team.
Johanna Konta Favorite Things
- Shot – Serve
- Surface – Clay
Source – ITFTennis.com, WTATennis.com
Johanna Konta Facts
- At the age of 8, her parents introduced her to the sport.
- In Collaroy on Sydney’s North Shore, she spent her childhood.
- Konta is fluent in Hungarian and English.
- Her hobbies are listening to live music, attending concerts, watching movies, reading, and shopping.
- While growing up, she idolized legendary female tennis player Steffi Graf.
- One of her best tennis memories is when she got a chance to represent Great Britain at the 2016 Olympic games.
- Until 2012, she played tennis for Australia.
- Johanna’s parents Gabor and Gabriella, both Hungarians moved to Australia from Hungary where they finally met.
- At the age of 15, Konta and her family shifted to Eastbourne, East Sussex, England.
- In May 2012, Johanna got British citizenship and decided to switch and represent Britain instead of Australia. She was labeled a plastic Brit and Konta said it was “a compliment for you guys to be interested in my Australian roots”, but that she was “very pleased to be representing Great Britain … where I grew up essentially”.
- In May 2008, Konta won her first ITF singles trophy in a tournament in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- She had to withdraw from the 2021 Wimbledon because one of her team tested positive for COVID-19, forcing her to endure a quarantine.
- In July 2021, Konta announced that she was pulling herself out of Tokyo Olympics 2020 (which were held in 2021 due to COVID-19) as she was suffering from the after-effects of COVID-19. Roger Federer had also withdrawn himself from the Olympics.