|John Cho Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 16, 1972|
John Cho is a South Korean actor and singer who is known for being one of the first Asian actors to have acted in major films in Hollywood. He is recognized for his characters in Harold & Kumar, Star Trek, American Pie, Sleepy Hollow, Selfie, and The Exorcist series. John also appeared in APIA Vote TV commercial with George Takei for the 2016 US Election. He is in a band called Viva La Union.
Cho Yo Han
Seoul, South Korea
Los Angeles, California, United States
John Cho completed his schooling from Herbert Hoover High School, Glendale, California, in 1990. He later joined the University of California, Berkeley for a BA degree in English and graduated in 1996.
Actor, Musician, Singer
- Father – He was a Minister in the Church of Christ.
John Cho is managed by United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Indie, Alternative, Rock
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
John Cho has dated –
- Billy Eichner – John was rumored to be dating actor and comedian Billy Eichner in the past.
- Kerri Higuchi – In 2006, on New Year’s Eve, Cho married actress and director Kerri Higuchi in Northern California. John met Kerri while studying at UC Berkeley. However, they started dating much later after moving to Los Angeles. They are happily married and have 2 children – a son named Kage (b. 2008) and a daughter (b. 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Korean ancestry.
John Cho has been featured in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- General Electric
- APIA Vote TV commercial with George Takei
Best Known For
- Popularizing the slang “MILF” in the American Pie movie series as John (MILF Guy No. 2)
- His versatile roles in various other films including Harold Lee in the Harold & Kumar films series, Hikaru Sulu in the Star Trek film series, Steve Choe in Better Luck Tomorrow (2002), Clarence in Shopping for Fangs (1997), Joey in Yellow (1998), Bob McClane in Total Recall (2012), and many more
- His appearance in TV series like Off Centre (2001-02), The Men’s Room (2005), House M.D. (2005), Grey’s Anatomy (2006), Ugly Betty (2007), 30 Rock (2011), Go On (2012-13), Sleepy Hollow (2013-14), Selfie (2014), The Mindy Project (2015), and The Exorcist (2017), among others
In April 2009, as a part of the Viva La Union group member, he released a self-titled album under their own label. The album has 10 songs.
In 1997, he made his theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama film Wag The Dog as Aide #3.
First TV Show
In 1997, he made his first TV show appearance in the drama series Boston Common as Larry.
John Cho Favorite Things
- TV Show – Mad Men
- His Top 5 Roles – Harold Lee in Harold and Kumar film series, John in American Pie film series, Hikaru Sulu in Star Trek film series, Henry Higgs in Selfie (2014), and Bob McClane in Total Recall (2012)
John Cho Facts
- In 1978, his family relocated to the United States.
- Growing up, he had lived in several parts of United States like Houston, Seattle, Daly City, and Monterey Park.
- After graduation, he got a job in Pacific Hills School in West Hollywood, California as an English teacher and also worked at East West Players Theater in Los Angeles.
- Five things that he can eat for the rest of his life are organic beef, Vietnamese noodles, kimchi, broccoli, and melon.
- He is a part of the 4-member band named Viva La Union which was previously called Left of Zed.
- John has won numerous awards for Star Trek like the BSFC Award in 2009 as “Best Ensemble Cast” and the DFCS Award in 2010 as “Best Acting Ensemble”. He was also nominated for WAFCA Award as “Best Ensemble” for Star Trek in 2009.
- In 2005, he won a few MTV Movie Awards for Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle like “Best On-Screen Team” and “Best Musical Performance”.
- In 2008, he was featured in Nas‘s music video called “Be a Nigger Too”.
- He has also worked with Singapore Repertory Theatre, East West Players, and an Asian-American theatre group in Los Angeles.
- Visit his official website @ johncho.net.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Aubrey Gemignani / Flickr / Public Domain