|John Corbett Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 9, 1961|
John Corbett is an American actor and country music singer. He is the only child to Sandra and John Marshall Corbett and was born in Wheeling, West Virginia. He was raised Catholic and attended Wheeling Central Catholic School and eventually enrolled in Cerritos College in Norwalk, California to study hairdressing while he attended acting classes in the evening. For 6 years, he had worked at a boiler-making factory in California before sustaining an injury that forced him to seek a different form of employment. He spent a year undergoing training to become an L.A. County Deputy Sheriff but ultimately failed to pass the exams.
He has had roles in projects such as The Wonder Years (1998), Northern Exposure (1990), The Visitor (1997), S*x in the City (1998), My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002), and its sequel My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (2016), among others. John received a Saturn Award nomination for “Best Actor” as the lead role in The Visitor, and his 2nd Golden Globe Award Nomination for “Best Supporting Actor”, as a love interest for Jessica Parker’s character in S*x and the City (1998). He also received a nomination for a Primetime Emmy Award in his role as a disc jockey on Northern Exposure. He starred in the music video of the single Woman for the Scorpions in 1993. John has released 2 country music albums under his belt, in 2006 the self-titled album John Corbett and in 2013 he released Leaving Nothin’ Behind.
John Joseph Corbett Junior
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
Santa Ynez, California, United States
John Corbett attended the Wheeling Central Catholic High School, and Cerritos College, Norwalk CA.
Actor, Country Singer, Guitarist
- Father – John Marshall Corbett
- Mother – Sandra Pavilack
- Siblings – Unknown
John Corbett is managed by –
- Fountainhead Talent Inc. (Talent Agency), Toronto, Canada
- The Gersh Agency (Talent Agent), Beverly Hills, California, USA
- Lovett Management (Manager), Los Angeles, California, USA
- Arcieri & Associates (Talent Agent Voice), New York, USA
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Corbett has dated –
- Brittany Daniel (2000-2001) – John Corbett dated Brittany Daniels, an American actress from 2000 to 2001.
- Jill Demling (2001) – John Corbett dated Jill Demling in 2001.
- Vanna White (2001-2002) – John Corbett dated Vanna White, an American game show host from 2001 to 2002.
- Nathalie Cox (2002) – John Corbett dated Nathalie Cox, a British actress in 2002.
- Bo Derek (2002-Present) – John Corbett started dating Bo Derek, an American actress in 2002. They have no children together.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Irish ancestry on his father’s side and Lithuanian, Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Very tall
- A dimple on his chin
John Corbett has endorsed brands such as –
- Ford Automobiles
Best Known For
- Acting in films such as My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Baby On Board, I Hate Valentine’s Day, Sex and the City 2, My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, among others
- Appearing in TV shows such as Northern Exposure, S*x and the City, The Visitor, Parenthood, NCIS: Red, Still the King, among others
- Releasing music albums on the label Fun Bone/Co5 such as John Corbett and Leaving Nothin’ Behind. He also has a single Good to Go released in 2006.
- Appearing in music videos like Woman by Scorpions, Bottle of Whiskey and Good to Go by himself, and This Is Me You’re Talking To by Trisha Yearwood
John Corbett released a self-titled debut album, John Corbett, on April 4, 2006. It consisted of 12 songs including Bottle of Whiskey, Good to Go, and Revival.
John Corbett made his theatrical film debut in an uncredited role in the movie Someone to Watch Over Me in 1987.
Later, he made a credited role as Big Augie in the 1991 film Flight of the Intruder.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as Loius on the TV show The Wonder Years in 1988.
John Corbett Facts
- He plays guitar and piano.
- His maternal grandparents moved from Pennsylvania to West Virginia. His grandfather had Russian Jewish heritage and his grandmother was Lithuanian Catholic.
- He was raised Catholic and was even an altar boy in his youth, and his mum was Jewish.
- There was a period in the 1980s where John became a born-again Christian.
- He is a part owner in the Fenix Underground club in Seattle.
- He was a licensed hairstylist.
- For 6 years, John had a job in a boiler-making plant until he injured his back and was to quit.
- He joined Cerritos College and learned hairdressing during the day as he took acting classes at night.
- He began his acting career by doing many commercials.
- John has gained heart-throb status from his roles as the love interest Aidan Shaw in S*x and the City and, Ian Miller in My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
- He had to turn down a role in My Big Fat Life (2003), the TV spin-off to My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002) as he was already committed to Lucky (2003).
- John met his girlfriend Bo Derek in 2002 on a blind date. They live together on a ranch in Santa Ynez in California.
- He toured with ZZ Top, Lisa Marie Presley, and Charlie Daniels in 2006 to promote his debut album.
- Daryl Hannah is his good friend.
- Nia Vardalos directed the romantic comedy I Hate Valentine’s Day (2009) that they both acted in as a couple.
- Nia Vardalos wrote the screenplay and was also his co-star in the hugely successful My Big Fat Greek Wedding in 2002.
- Jennifer Lopez was his co-star of the erotic thriller The Boy Next Door (2015).
- He is the spokesperson for the Applebee’s restaurants, providing the voice for television and radio advertisements.
- John was the host of Love Chronicles in 1999 on A&E Television Networks.
- He was the narrator for the New True Life Adventures: Alaska: Dances of the Caribou in 2000, and the 2002 New True Life Adventures: Sea of Sharks.
- In his first acting role in the comedy-drama series The Wonder Years, John was credited as Jack Corbett.
- In 2011, John Corbett was inducted into the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- He has a number of nominations in industry awards like Primetime Emmy Award, Golden Globe Awards among others.
- He has won an award for the movie Dreamland in the 2006 Method Fest Independent Film Festival for the category “Outstanding Performance in a Comedy Series.”
- Follow him on Facebook.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0