|Jon Seda Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1970|
Jon Seda is an American actor who came to limelight after making a film debut in Gladiator (1992) as the Cuban boxer Romano. He garnered critical acclaim for his roles in such films as Selena (1997) where he played the role of Chris Pérez alongside Jennifer Lopez, Undisputed (2002), and in television for his roles in Homicide: Life on the Street (1997–1999) as Detective Paul Falsone, NBC’s Chicago PD (2014–2019) where he portrayed the role of Detective Antonio Dawson, and in HBO’s award-winning mini-series titled The Pacific (2010) where he appeared as the legendary Marine John Basilone.
Manhattan, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He graduated from Clifton High School in New Jersey.
- Siblings – Sofia (Sister)
He is represented by Agency for the Performing Arts.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Lisa Gomez (2000-Present) – He tied the knot with his long time girlfriend Lisa Gomez on July 4, 2000. They have 4 children including a son named Jonathan (b. 1994).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Puerto Rican descent.
- Sharp features
- Mole on the left side of his neck
- Tattoos on his arms
Jon Seda Favorite Things
- Close Friend – Chris Perez who is his real-life counterpart of Selena
- Stars He Wanted To Be Inspired By For His Performances As An Actor – Sylvester Stallone, Tim Allen, Tom Hanks
Jon Seda Facts
- He was brought up in Clifton in New Jersey.
- Soon after graduating from high school, he started working out and boxing in gyms in New Jersey upon being convinced by 2 of his friends to take up boxing. As an amateur boxer, he had a record of 21 bouts and 1 loss that included 5 wins in the 1990 New Jersey Golden Gloves Competition where he was a runner up.
- Seda had landed the role in the boxing film Gladiator after auditioning for it.
- After appearing in Selena, he became widely recognized to both the Hispanic and non-Hispanic communities.
- He has played the same character of Detective Antonio Dawson on 3 different series other than Chicago P.D., that have been Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2016), Chicago Fire (2012–2019), and Chicago Justice (2017).
- He set up The Jon Seda Foundation to fund the research into the causes and treatments of Reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome (RSDS) after his sister was detected with the disorder.
Featured Image by Jon Seda / Instagram