|Jonathan Pryce Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 1, 1947|
Jonathan Pryce is an English actor who is known for his performance in several theatre and stage plays. His critically acclaimed role was as Sam Lowry in the 1985 British-American cult film Brazil. Pryce has appeared in the movies like Evita (1996), Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), The New World (2005), GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009), and GI Joe: Retaliation (2013). In 2015, Pryce had a guest appearance as High Sparrow on the HBO series Game of Thrones and eventually became a lead cast member in 2016.
Carmel, Holywell, Flintshire, Wales, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Jonathan Pryce went to Holywell Grammar School and at the age of 16, attended an art college. He later joined Edge Hill College in Ormskirk to be a teacher before entering the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
- Father – Isaac Price (Former coal miner and a grocery shop owner)
- Mother – Margaret Ellen (née Williams)
- Siblings – He has 2 older sisters.
- Others – Isaac Price (Paternal Grandfather), Hanabella (Paternal Grandmother)
Jonathan Pryce is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
6 ft or 183 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonathan Pryce has dated –
- Kate Fahy (1972-Present) – Jonathan Pryce and actress Kate Fahy met in 1972 at Everyman Theatre and began dating after a few days. The couple later got engaged and have 3 children, Patrick (b. 1983), Gabriel (b. 1986), and Phoebe (b. 1990). Pryce and Fahy tied the knot in 2015 after a long term relationship of almost 43 years.
Race / Ethnicity
Jonathan has Welsh ancestry.
Salt and pepper
- Sculpted Nose
- Tall height
Jonathan Pryce appeared in a TV commercial for Nissan‘s luxury car division in America, Infiniti automobiles in 1994.
Best Known For
- Playing in the title role of Hamlet at the Royal Court Theatre
- Enacting Mr. Dark in the 1983 film Something Wicked This Way Comes
As a Singer
He provided his vocals in numerous songs like She Is A Diamond and On The Balcony Of The Casa Rosada in the soundtrack of the musical film, Evita in 1996.
Jonathan Pryce made his theatrical film debut in the 1976 drama film Voyage of the Damned as Joseph Manasse.
First TV Show
Pryce made his first TV show appearance in 1972 on the sci-fi series, Doomwatch as a police constable.
Jonathan Pryce Favorite Things
- Writer – Philip Roth
- Monument – St Peter’s in Rome
Jonathan Pryce Facts
- He was raised in a small village named Carmel in Holywell, Flintshire, Wales, United Kingdom.
- Jonathan started his stage career in 1970.
- He joined an arts college to pursue his coaching to become a teacher at the age of 16.
- Pryce wanted to become an artist, especially, a painter.
- During the late 1970s, Johnathan served as an artistic director of the Liverpool Everyman.
- On December 12, 2006, Pryce received an honorary doctorate from The University of Liverpool.
- He earned Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 2009 Queen’s Birthday Honours List for his services to Drama.
- Jonathan was considered for a role in the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981).
- He was also considered for the roles of Col. Colin Caine, Dr. Armstrong, Dr. Bukovsky, and Roger Derebridge in Lifeforce (1985).
- He considers himself as an actor rather than a star.
- Jonathan worked in the Royal Shakespeare Company from 1978 to 1987.
- Jonathan Pryce doesn’t have any verified social media account.
Featured Image by Sam / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0