|Jordan Spieth Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 27, 1993|
Jordan Spieth is an American professional golfer who is been highly-recognized in his career as a professional golfer due to his outstanding records, achievements, and overall contributions in the golf industry. One of his biggest victories came when he played for the 2015 Masters Tournament, during which he scored 270 (-18) and brought home a total of $1.8 million. Winning the Masters Tournament made him the second-youngest professional golfer to win a Masters game, next to Tiger Woods who acquired a 72-hole record in 1997. Another win was added into his records on that same year after he won the 2015 U.S. Open with a score of 5-under-par, making him the youngest U.S Open champion next to Bobby Jones in 1923.
In the 2017 Open Championship, Spieth won his 3rd major game after hitting 3 shots at 12-under-par. Before fame, Spieth had already built a reputation as a golfer. Back in his amateur years, he had compiled multiple wins in various amateur games and championships. In 2009 and 2011, Spieth won the U.S. Junior Amateur and lined-up next to Woods as one of the only two-time tournament winners. He also dominated the AJGA Golf Rankings in July 2011 by hitting the number one spot. Spieth, who is a 2015 FedEx Cup champion, was featured on Time Magazine’s “Top 100 Most Influential People” list in 2016.
Jordan Alexander Spieth
Dallas, Texas, United States
Dallas, Texas, United States
For his secondary education, he attended St. Monica Catholica School situated in Santa Monica, California, United States. In 2011, Jordan Spieth completed his tertiary education and graduated from Jesuit College Preparatory School, Dallas, Texas, United States.
- Father – Shawn Spieth
- Mother – Mary Christine Spieth
- Siblings – Steven Spieth (Younger Brother) (Professional Basketball Player), Ellie Spieth (Younger Sister)
- Others – Donald Edward Spieth (Paternal Grandfather), Edward Spieth (Great-Grandfather), Patricia Ann Yochum (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Julius (Maternal Grandfather), and Virginia Marie Pieper (Maternal Grandmother)
Jordan Spieth is represented by –
- Jay Danzi (Golf Agent)
- PGA Tour Inc. (Association)
6 ft 1 in 185.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jordan Spieth has dated –
- Annie Verret (2014-Present) – Jordan Spieth and Annie Verret got officially engaged on January 2, 2018, after dating for almost 4 years. The gorgeous couple had officially tied the knot in November 2018 and their wedding took place in Dallas, Texas. On November 14, 2021, the couple welcomed a son named Samuel David Spieth.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German descent with small amounts of Irish and English ancestry.
- Thin Lips
- U-shaped Jawline
- Tall Height
Jordan Spieth has done endorsement works for brands such as –
- Under Armour
- General Mills’ Wheaties
- BioSteel Sports Supplements
Best Known For
- His overall achievements and contributions in the golf industry
- Once hitting the number one spot in the Official World Golf Ranking
- Winning multiple championships in a row in his entire playing career as a professional golf player
First Golf Match
In 2012, Jordan Spieth made his professional debut midway through his sophomore year at Jesuit College Preparatory School. He officially played his first tournament early in January for the 2013 season at the Farmers Insurance Open, Torrey Pines.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as “Himself” on Mike & Mike in 2014.
On July 8, 2016, a blog shared how golf champion Jordan Spieth usually trains in preparation for his upcoming matches. The details about Spieth’s training parameters were sourced from Jordan’s AMPD Golf Fitness trainer, Damon Goddard.
Goddard went to share the specifics when it comes to how he trains Spieth, sighting a list of what he usually asks of him during training. First, he would ask Jordan to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night with a “2-2.5 hours deep sleep” to be monitored by UA Healthbox. Keeping the balance, Goddard made an emphasis on the importance of wellness since Golf for him is “incredibly mental”. He would give Spieth the time to enjoy and unwind by listening to music, plan some outdoor workout like meditating on a beach, hiking, ocean jumping, and the likes.
As to how he keeps him fit and healthy, Goddard said that constant training with mild tapering is the key. He specifically mentioned circuit-type training, a 30-minute warm-up, and tapering as the usual on-the-go list he usually prepares for Spieth. Part of their overall training also includes honing his movements which would ask Spieth to be workout-ready, to focus more on priming his movements instead of muscles, and to work in both Linear and Lateral movements.
For Spieth’s diet plan, he must consume 140-150 ounces of fluid per day which includes an electrolyte replenisher that Goddard specifically designed for Jordan. Goddard further added that Spieth must eat a lot of “whole, real foods”. His go-to granola diet consists of granola, almonds, pecans, organic honey, unsweetened coconut, virgin coconut oil, ground vanilla beans, cinnamon, and sea salt. For his dinner, his recommended diet includes lamb, asparagus, broccoli, and sweet potato.
Jordan Spieth Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Fishing
- Basketball Team – Dallas Mavericks
- Sports – Baseball, Golf
- Artwork – Dan Dunn’s Texas Longhorn painting that was specially made just for him
- Pair Of Shoes – Under Armour golf shoes
- Travel Destination – Beach
- Restaurant – The Rustic located in Dallas, Texas
- Musician – George Strait
- Books – The Cat in the Hat
Source – Instagram, Instagram, GolfDigest, WSJ
Jordan Spieth Facts
- His greatest inspiration is his younger sister Ellie who has autism.
- He has featured former U.S. President Barack Obama and Golden State Warrior star player Stephen Curry on his Instagram.
- Jordan is the 2013 John Deere Classic winner.
- He earned a spot in the 2013 Presidents Cup team which later led him to organize and plan the Jordan Spieth Family Foundation. The foundation focuses on spreading awareness and offering financial assistance to various community organizations that fall under the category of philanthropic pillars, namely, children with special needs, military families, junior golf, and pediatric cancer.
- His brother Steven played for the Dallas Mavericks 2017 NBA Summer League team.
- Spieth learned to play golf at Brookhaven Country Club.
- He was named Rolex “Junior Player of the Year” in 2009 by the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA).
- Before he turned professional, he was first hailed the number one amateur in the World Amateur Golf Ranking in 2012 after his outstanding performance in the U.S. Open.
- He won the Hero World Challenge in Florida after compiling consecutive winning streaks in 2014.
- Spieth became the youngest American to play in the Ryder Cup matches after earning a spot to the 2014 Ryder Cup team. He went next to professional golfer Horton Smith who made his way to a Ryder Cup match in 1929.
- On March 15, 2015, he won the Valspar Championship in a three-way playoff with Patrick Reed and Sean O’Hair, which later placed him at no. 6 of the Official World Golf Ranking.
- His father played baseball at Lehigh University while his mother was a basketball player at Moravian College.
- Spieth’s childhood sport was baseball.
- He was coached by Golf Digest’s “Best Young Teacher” Cameron McCormick at the age of 12.
- Connect with Jordan Spieth on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Jordan Spieth / Instagram